Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    WebOs doctor wont even recognize my phone after th 1.2 update...looks like ill be making a unwanted trip to sprint
    Even when you try in forced USB mode? I think you have to turn it on while holding the UP volume button. I'm not sure if this is the right button press. But try it anyway,
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Well when i try and turn it on it just stays at the palm screen...then that goes away to the big battery symbol
    LOL he said the up button. LOL
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    um i know he did.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb83 View Post
    Well when i try and turn it on it just stays at the palm screen...then that goes away to the big battery symbol
    If you have the big battery symbol, then your phone isnt fully charged. Try charging it for 15-20 minutes (but leave it charging) until the big battery is gone.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    its not working...on my usb connection at work anyway..I think maybe I have to charge it in a wall outlet to get it to hold a charge..idk..getting frustrated
    its not working...on my usb connection at work anyway..I think maybe I have to charge it in a wall outlet to get it to hold a charge..idk..getting frustrated
    USB connections charge at a slower rate. If the phone is connected via USB (or wall) & the big battery icon is visible for longer than a minute, then it is charging. It may not seem like it is, but it is. Be patient, leave it connected for 20-30min. & see what happens.

We'll get you up and running again, you'll see!!
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Ok ill try it...it seems when i leave it plugged in it eventually goes back to the black screen with just palm on it..you know like it does when u start the phone? then i think since its trying to boot itself back up kills the batterry angin and goes back to the big battery in like 5 min
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    See right now it went back to the palm screen...and u can turn it off or anything
    Ok, try this. Take out the battery so it turns off completely. Put the battery back in, but don't turn it on yet. Hold the volume UP button & then plug in the USB cable. Continue holding the UP volume button until the USB mode icon is visible on screen. Then try the WebOS doctor program.
    Follow Me On

try this following everything exactly as posted
    1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.
    6) Now you should see a USB type of symbol,
    ***7) DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET.
    8) Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC.
    9) The "Found New Hardware" will install the Novacom drivers. Wait till it completes the install
    10) Now you should see the Next button will light up in webOS Doctor
    11) Start the Repairing

All this could have been found using the search feature on this forum http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1924327 or http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1849460
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Ok so I held the up button and put in the usb cable and it just gave me the big battery again
    Ok so I held the up button and put in the usb cable and it just gave me the big battery again
    did you follow the steps exactly as posted? Step 3 is for a wall charger not to your PC. You should probably just turn the phone off, and let it charge. Then when you get off from work, follow the steps exactly using a wall charger 1st then when move to connecting it via the PC
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    After hours of dealing with the Pre not being able to update itself using the update app, I tried the WebOS Doctor. Couldn't get the damned thing to recognize it, but with the instructions posted, it's finally loading it.

I'm actually on the phone with Palm right now, and they're clueless. Perhaps their help literature should include PreCentral forum searches, huh?

UPDATE: Their level 2 tech finally recommended what they call "Developer Mode" (not the upupdowndown... start)- the "hold up button until you see the USB icon". Frustration.
    Last edited by buyrihn; 09/29/2009 at 03:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Ya im at work and didnt bring the wall charger with me so ill have to try it when i get home...hope it works im over it lol
    I understand... sometime when things do not go as planned, they can make us frustrated. lol Sometimes its best to just set it aside and then make another attempt later. Let us know how it goes.
    You do know there's a new version of Webdoc specifically released for 1.2 correct? What version webdoc are you using? The new one is Build Sprint.108.171
    Did You Update The WebDoc?

*Edit*-sorry didnt see your post.
    Last edited by mmcnamara43; 09/29/2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: blah
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I was just using the one on Palms website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast