Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb83 View Post
    I was just using the one on Palms website
    Open it up, look across the top and see which build it is. It should have the date 9/14/09
    There have been soo many people who are having problems on how to use the webos doctor I'm really thinking about making this a sticky. To use the webods doctor follow these instructions exactly:

Download the webos doctor from here:
    Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Its not going into the usb mode...when i re insert the batery and release the volume up it just gives me the big battery with the red at the bottom then goes back to the palm startup screen
    Its not going into the usb mode...when i re insert the batery and release the volume up it just gives me the big battery with the red at the bottom then goes back to the palm startup screen
    Just keep holding until if fully reboots and switches over
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    people have no cents at all and yes i used the right word lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    You gotta keep the UP button held until it goes into USB mode (it doesn't take long, like 3 or 4 seconds to initiate)
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    No matter how long I held it it didnt work til the 4th or 5th time..but good news I got it to work and Im up and running again...thanks to the few that helped out..not to the ones with smart ***** comments
    Sweet, glad to hear it finally worked. =]
    Welcome back to the party!!
    Follow Me On

No matter how long I held it it didnt work til the 4th or 5th time..but good news I got it to work and Im up and running again...thanks to the few that helped out..not to the ones with smart ***** comments
    Congrats & welcome home
    Glad to see it finally worked.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12