Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So I am having a problem with my phone. I can't receive picture messages on my phone. I have no idea what the problem is. I chatted with tech support. I took it to the Sprint store. I checked after updating PRL and Network. Even waited til after the 1.2 update to bring it to the Sprint store. But still, nothing. I was there (Sprint store) yesterday and they couldn't fix my phone even when talking to tech support, supposedly. So they went and ordered me a new phone. Maybe it's just my phone right? I doubt it. I had gotten my first Pre on the 9th of this month. Then two days ago my screen stopped working and I had to bring it in and get a NEW one, not refurb. So unless I got the unluckiest of draws. Or unless I am missing something.... I have no idea what is going on >_> Please any help would be awesome
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Did you root the Pre ?
    Not receiving MMS sounds like a service issue. Call Sprint's service number and talk to them about it.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Did you root the Pre ?
    No I only did the WebOS quickinstall stuff.

Also I tried talking with the chat support and they had me turn off my phone while they did a refresh of my device in their system or something like that. And I left it at the Sprint store for like 2 hours and they said with them talking to tech support and their techs working on it, they couldn't figure it out.

Could I maybe just be that unlucky?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Could it really be the phone? I mean honestly. Why would the phone have any problems with sending/receiving pictures when I can browse the internet just fine. As a matter of fact I just uploaded a picture to a photobucket account and it worked.

Here's a quick question for you guys, when you click on a picture and go to upload. Is there anyway through that, by adding a new account or uploading that you can do it to Sprint PicturMail. Cause the person I just talked to said "Well if you can't upload to picturemail I can't set up an account for you. Your just gonna have to wait til the replacement phone arrives."

Which brings me to another question. To those of you who CAN receive and send pictures, did you sign up for a PictureMail account?

Yet another question (Sorry guys, just trying to get this all sorted out). Did anyone have any problems trying to log into the picturemail thing for the first time? For me it lets me put in the password it sends to my phone but then it just refreshes the little log in box and wants me to put in the password. So I tried putting the wrong password to see what would happen and it just says "Incorrect password" or something like that. So it obviously is reading the numbers I'm putting in. And when I put them in correctly it's doing something. But it won't log me in. I tried the forgot your password? option and that didn't help me any either.

Am I just stupid and the Pre can't receive MMS or something? I doubt that but who knows. I wouldn't be the first ***** to have this stuff happen.

Man I had a problem on my old BlackBerry Curve on MetroPCS with this problem, it would intermittently get pictures but not always. I figured after the switch to Sprint I wouldnt have such weird problems with basic service.

I'm so frustrated right now >_>
    thats a bummer ! web doctor makes house calls lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Do you really think that would work? Should I just do a fresh install of 1.2?
    yeah if nothing else works thats what i would do
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    All right, I guess since I just got the phone a couple days ago I don't have any pictures or music to lose. Thanks, I'll let ya know if it works out or not
    If it doesn't work have Sprint change your NAI (don't worry you won't lose anything by doing so). And talk to advanced technical support. Your data works right? Can you send picmail but not receive?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marilynagram View Post
    If it doesn't work have Sprint change your NAI (don't worry you won't lose anything by doing so). And talk to advanced technical support. Your data works right? Can you send picmail but not receive?
    I can't send or receive. I can use the internet just fine. I can use everything else as well. That's the only thing acting up. I even uploaded a photo to a photobucket account :/
    web doc it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    web doc it
    I'm talking with someone from Palm now but I think that's what I'm gonna end up doing
    +1 on what Shadavis said. It may solve your problems. Good Luck
    might as well web doc it if your gonna have to get another phone anyway lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So I web doctored my phone and still isn't sending pictures. Seriously. ***? Is it too much to ask to send and receive pictures Sprint? Whyyyyy? Ugh >_> I really don't wanna go through the hassle of a new phone just to have it still not work. To me it sounds like something on Sprint's end.
    look in the threads for web os repair utility and try that as a last resort ,its the only other thing i can think of
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I doubt that would help :/ I just did a clean install of 1.2 and still nothing. It HAS to be something on Sprint's end. And all of the people I talk to are like mentally ******** or something. They make me do the stupidest procedures like restarting my phone and crap even though obviously I have done all of that stuff. Ugh I'm just frustrated. Tomorrow I will just call and see if I can get them to re-provision my account with mms and whatnot and see if over the phone they can set up a picturemail account or something. I dunno. At least it's been less than 30 days. So I could always get a different phone, though I really really like my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE_rules View Post
    I doubt that would help :/ I just did a clean install of 1.2 and still nothing. It HAS to be something on Sprint's end.
    Unfortunately, I believe you are correct, but I'd encourage you to go through sprint tech support no matter how infuriating, and then do the same thing with palm's support because there are only 4 basic types of problems I can think of that would cause this:

1. Software on the phone. The WebOSDoctor cures all ailments, so that's not it.

2. A hardware defect on your phone that only causes this one particular problem. The odds of that are about 1/100000000000000

3. A problem with your account at sprint. VERY likely.

4. A problem with your palm account. just as likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE_rules View Post
    I doubt that would help :/ I just did a clean install of 1.2 and still nothing. It HAS to be something on Sprint's end. And all of the people I talk to are like mentally ******** or something. They make me do the stupidest procedures like restarting my phone and crap even though obviously I have done all of that stuff. Ugh I'm just frustrated. Tomorrow I will just call and see if I can get them to re-provision my account with mms and whatnot and see if over the phone they can set up a picturemail account or something. I dunno. At least it's been less than 30 days. So I could always get a different phone, though I really really like my Pre.
    You keep mentioning that picturemail account. You do realize that the Pre doesn't work with Sprint picturemail, right? It sends and receives pictures directly via MMS and does not stop at the Sprint picturemail interface. I don't know all the details, but how do you know you can't send or receive text + photos? Are you testing with another Sprint user? If your testing methodology includes checking the Sprint picturemail site on your computer to see if it uploaded, you won't find it there, because it doesn't go there.

If you PM me, I'll be happy to help you test.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast