Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone notice better battery life with OS 1.2?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    To soon to make a judgement on yet.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    It felt this morning like it might be better. Time will tell.
    yesterday at this time i was all ready down to 39 percent.. right now im at 57 percent... same sort of day.. lots of email.. and a few calls..
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    i have another thread going on this.. in 4 hrs ive managed to loose 40% battery life with nothing going.. no email gps BT wifi aim just plain jane pre .. atm i have it sitting next to my mogul.. bith phones have 50% battery.. im betting when i wake up in 5 hrs the pre will be dead and the mogul wont be at 40%
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    seems worse to me.
    I've seen a pretty decent improvement, and I've been using it all morning and into the afternoon.

Could be placebo, don't know yet.
    Too early but ATM no significant change noticeable.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I've been running it for some time in leaked form, and from a day to day usage perspective, no, there are no real improvements. When used in conjunction with disabling Data Usage and using WiFi though, then there are some battery savings.
    yes yesterday was a heavy day,, and in hindsight, i do recall turning off wifi and the gps.. so not a fair comparison... except that wifi and the gps are running today and i am up about 15 percent over yesterday
    same here no difference
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grrmisfit View Post
    i have another thread going on this.. in 4 hrs ive managed to loose 40% battery life with nothing going.. no email gps BT wifi aim just plain jane pre .. atm i have it sitting next to my mogul.. bith phones have 50% battery.. im betting when i wake up in 5 hrs the pre will be dead and the mogul wont be at 40%
    You've got something else wrong, or a bad config somewhere... I left my Pre unplugged overnight (8 hours) and it dropped 11%.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    You've got something else wrong, or a bad config somewhere... I left my Pre unplugged overnight (8 hours) and it dropped 11%.
    Agreed. Do you have GPS turned on? I know after the update my GPS and Google services was turned on. So after noticing my battery was draining faster than normal today, I checked and poof my GPS was turned on. Weird.
    My battery life was waay better on 1.0. 1.1 brought it down, and now I am already at like 20% battery after a normal day...typically I'd be at 35-40% by this time during a workday.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Seems worse to me but I've been browsing a little more. I also had GPS on, and just figured out how to turn it off.
    This is the part I hate about an update......battery life stories. forum is going to be plagued for weeks
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    If it's not worse, it's not better than the same.

I really hoped it would be better.
    Using the Battery Monitor homebrew app, I was averaging about 8%/hour discharge on 1.1, and I'm running around 10.5%/hour discharge with 1.2. Same usage patterns (I was charging during the initial post-1.2 splurge).

So, for me at least, it's fair to say that V1.2 has made battery life significantly worse.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Seems quite a bit better for me, leaving GPS on.

Used to drop 10% every half hour, now it's about 50 minutes before it looses 10%, moderate gain I'd say.
    It seems about the same however, there is now a LED/gesture bug that will not help battery life. Anytime the screen goes dark (manually with the power button 'single click' or darkens in x-amount of time) the gesture area lights up quickly, EVERY time. No bueno for battery!

I've already reported the bug to Palm and it has been logged in their database.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast