Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It seems about the same however, there is now a LED/gesture bug that will not help battery life. Anytime the screen goes dark (manually with the power button 'single click' or darkens in x-amount of time) the gesture area lights up quickly, EVERY time. No bueno for battery!

I've already reported the bug to Palm and it has been logged in their database.
    You seriously think that's going to drain your battery?
    It seems about the same however, there is now a LED/gesture bug that will not help battery life. Anytime the screen goes dark (manually with the power button 'single click' or darkens in x-amount of time) the gesture area lights up quickly, EVERY time. No bueno for battery!

I've already reported the bug to Palm and it has been logged in their database.
    Do you really think the less than 1 sec that it lights up will effect your battery life????
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    When talking on the phone, with a full signal, and doing nothing else, I drop roughly 20% an hour. That's exactly the same as it was before 1.2...f'ing terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    When talking on the phone, with a full signal, and doing nothing else, I drop roughly 20% an hour. That's exactly the same as it was before 1.2...f'ing terrible.

So at a rate of twenty percent drain per hour, you'd be getting five hours of straight talk time.

That's supposed to be horrible?
    while listening to internet radio (di.fm) on the way to work today i went from 100-->94.

usually i go from 100-->88 or so.

It does change from day to day in the past thought. I think it depends on how much power sprints towers are putting out for the day (seems like they have good days and bad days). Usually weather has no factor on this.

We shall see if i get the same tomorrow and the next day. BTW the drive is 25min long.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    At night I often listen to Pandora for hours.

Last night after the update it seemed to me that Pandora was draining the battery more slowly than with webOS 1.1.

However, it still drains quickly when I put Pandora on pause. I believe this is already documented on the official issues thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Do you really think the less than 1 sec that it lights up will effect your battery life????
    No, you're missing the point. This happens EVERY time you darken your screen or it goes dark. Unless you only access your phone 1 time per day, then no it will not affect it. However, if you access your phone several times per hour, this will add up throughout the day. I just counted the amount of times my colleague accessed his phone in the past 30mins (17 times).

If it lights up for a reason or for some functionality, it would be all good. But this is not the case. Palm agreed that it is not the expected behavior and has logged the bug in their software database.

We really don't need anything more accessing the battery for no reason whatsoever. We're trying to conserve battery life, not use it w/o reason.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    No, you're missing the point. This happens EVERY time you darken your screen or it goes dark. Unless you only access your phone 1 time per day, then no it will not affect it. However, if you access your phone several times per hour, this will add up throughout the day. I just counted the amount of times my colleague accessed his phone in the past 30mins (17 times).

If it lights up for a reason or for some functionality, it would be all good. But this is not the case. Palm agreed that it is not the expected behavior and has logged the bug in their software database.
    I've had this happen a few times and it stays lit until you press something to turn it off. I don't think it makes a difference if you use your phone 17 times a day or not. If you use the phone, toss it in your pocket and the light stays lit for hours and hours until you check the phone again, that has to drain the battery.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    would you have to 'recalibrate' the battery after every new o/s upgrade? does that info reside in the battery or in the o/s?

i've noticed no change in battery life, but it may help some in doing 2-3 complete 100% to 0% drops and recharges...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I used my battery monitor to track this as soon as 1.2 came out. According to my readings, it's actually worse battery life.

Web OS 1.1:
    Idle: 3.5%
    Browsing: 30%

Web OS 1.2:
    Idle: 4.2%
    Browsing: 40%

Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    I used my battery monitor to track this as soon as 1.2 came out. According to my readings, it's actually worse battery life.

Web OS 1.1:
    Idle: 3.5%
    Browsing: 30%

Web OS 1.2:
    Idle: 4.2%
    Browsing: 40%

what amount of time are these numbers based on?
    My battery seems to be about the same. With data and GPS off, I lose about 1-2% each hour and still never have any trouble with battery life. Even with excessive web browsing and talking I am never down to less than 35% by the end of the day, so I don't know what everyone is doing to their poor Pre.
    All I can said is that battery life is horrible after 1.2. I went by the end of my work day @ 60% to 30% :-(.
    Quote Originally Posted by aog3 View Post
    All I can said is that battery life is horrible after 1.2. I went by the end of my work day @ 60% to 30% :-(.
    Same here, its down to about %45 since 8AM. Thats 55% for 9 hours, so roughly 6% an hour. Although I HAVE been playing with it more today because of the update. We'll see what happens over the next couple of days.

BTW, that Preference setting in the Location Services where is says Locate me with... only seems to enable the ability to use some features. For example, both GPS and Google Services are on for me, but if you turn off Google Services, it just takes away the 2 on/off sliders, so even with it turned on, you can have the sliders set to off.

So the real question is "What else is the Pre doing when you have Google Services enabled, besides geotaging photos and doing background data collection?"
    no difference
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

My GF has noticed significantly worse battery life with 1.2. She hardly uses the phone, but uses the browser quite a bit. With 1.1 she could go 1.5 - 2 days on a single charge. The past few days, since updating, she can not even get close to a full day from one charge.
    I've only had my pre about 3 weeks, but I went from a terrible battery life in 1.1 to an even more terrible battery life with the 1.2 update... I was losing 10-15% per hour on standby with all battery saving tips accounted for... then, it started to get better and I started getting 2-3% drain per hour... now it's around 5-6% per hour, again with NO usage other than standby and email checks every 10 minutes.

Could more people post their drain per hour, maybe even without usage so we're all comparing apples to apples (as much as possible anyway)? Also, Bell has offerred to replace my battery, but I'm scared that the problem will get worse... hmmmmmm...
    i'm running a Mugen 1400 and with lite use my battery lasts about 27 hours. When it's idle it uses about -4mA and around an average of %3 per hour in total usage..
    I don't know WHAT Is going on, but I used to be able to go up to 10 hours in a day with light use of my phone and still have over 60% battery life left. Now, I'm finding that by the time I listen to music on the way to work, and get to work, and pick up my phone to check a text message, my phone has gone from having 100% battery life to 68% battery life, in 3 hours?

This is RIDICULOUS!
    Seems worse to me too.. I have lost of Push email going and Bluetooth.. so those may be the culprits..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast