Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ...!!! No, no es que Franco haya muerto (otra vez) . Es que creo que deberíais echarle un vistazo a webosmania.com, porque hay una información relevante al respecto del Pre y Movistar España.

Y se que hay algún españolito por aquí...
    nose, pero aqui hay un hispano mas !
    help! Google is still reverting to spanish in 1.2... I'm kidding. But honestly it still pops up in different languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixoticelixer View Post
    help! Google is still reverting to spanish in 1.2... I'm kidding. But honestly it still pops up in different languages.
    google preferences and then restart!
    why would a palm pre site in spanish talk about moviestars? Is it a cultural thing?and who is franco?
    Tio,Otro mas aqui tambien...

No de Espana, pero mis vis,vis abuelos podrian ser...
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixoticelixer View Post
    why would a palm pre site in spanish talk about moviestars? Is it a cultural thing?and who is franco?
    which franco?... there is thousands of francos out there!
  8.    #8  
    Once upon a time...

There was a company called Telefónica, which decided to sell their GSM products as moviStar, to distinguish between the new GSM technology and the older one, wich was called MoviLine. We like to mix spanish and english in our language, specially talking about technology and economy.

About Franco (spanish people should know who I'm talking about), is Francisco Franco Bahamonde, spanish dictator. And the topic text is the begining of his death announce.
    u mean spaniards? cuz i'm spanish and never heard of Franco !
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    u mean spaniards? cuz i'm spanish and never heard of Franco !
    First time I see someone call me Spaniard. After a little research, I assume I'm talking about spaniards, from Spain.

(Just I didn't know anything about this difference: Spanish: (adjective) of Spain or its people, language, or culture).)

Only a question: Where are you from?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    ...!!! No, no es que Franco haya muerto (otra vez) . Es que creo que deberíais echarle un vistazo a webosmania.com, porque hay una información relevante al respecto del Pre y Movistar España.

Y se que hay algún españolito por aquí...
    Que?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    First time I see someone call me Spaniard. After a little research, I assume I'm talking about spaniards, from Spain.

(Just I didn't know anything about this difference: Spanish: (adjective) of Spain or its people, language, or culture).)

Only a question: Where are you from?
    I've noticed that some people, mostly people from New York , use the word Spanish (correctly defined by you) interchangeably with Hispanic (which generally means a person that is from or has ancestors from a Spanish-speaking country). You, being from Spain, are Spanish. I, an American with Mexican parents, am not Spanish, but can be described as Hispanic (though there are various reasons why I, among others, do not prefer the term). So, for those not from Spain, you're not Spanish.

And it's pretty sad that so many people have no idea who Franco is, especially when the op related him to Spain.
    Yo soy Mexicanooooo...y mi orgullo lo tengo...naci despreciando la vida y la muerteeeee
    yo soy Mexicanooooo...muy atrabancado.

Oh wait, that's a song and I'm really bad at singing. Lol

Anyway, Franco is dead, oh well! Another dictator less in this world.

Que se le queme el culo en el infierno, jejejeje.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I've noticed that some people, mostly people from New York , use the word Spanish (correctly defined by you) interchangeably with Hispanic (which generally means a person that is from or has ancestors from a Spanish-speaking country). You, being from Spain, are Spanish. I, an American with Mexican parents, am not Spanish, but can be described as Hispanic (though there are various reasons why I, among others, do not prefer the term). So, for those not from Spain, you're not Spanish.

And it's pretty sad that so many people have no idea who Franco is, especially when the op related him to Spain.
    I have to agree. It all boils down to the horrible education system , but other latinos should educate themselves and know something about where our roots hail from.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    I have to agree. It all boils down to the horrible education system , but other latinos should educate themselves and know something about where our roots hail from.
    I think you will find older people (whether Hispanic or not) will know who Franco was. But then as Jay Leno has demonstrated so many times ignorance of history (past and present) is common.

BTW - without a long dissertation - what is the objection to Hispanic? I am not Hispanic, but I have MANY friends in Mexico (I work there much of the time). So I am curious to understand. Thanks...
    is not about education level.. i bet i probably have a higher education than you ( no offense) Spanish are the people/country who their main language is Spanish. So should you educate yourself like you stated?? Spaniard are people from Spain. research it !
    (correctly defined by you) interchangeably with Hispanic (which generally means a person that is from or has ancestors from a Spanish-speaking country). You, being from Spain, are Spanish.
    Wrongggggggggg !!!(are these peple talking about education?? )
    hi, saludo a todo en Españal. i'm from The Dominican Republic. Spanish is A LANGUAGE. sorry that nobody called you a spaniard before... have you seen the movie " Gladiator " ?
    Straight from Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Spanish is either a language or people from Spain. People from Mexio are not Spanish, but they speak Spanish.

"Main Entry: Span·ish
    Pronunciation: \ˈspa-nish\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Spanish, adjective, from Middle English Spainish, from Spain
    Date: 15th century
    1 : the Romance language of the largest part of Spain and of the countries colonized by Spaniards
    2 plural in construction : the people of Spain

— Spanish adjective

— Span·ish·ness noun"
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    hi, saludo a todo en Españal. i'm from The Dominican Republic. Spanish is A LANGUAGE. sorry that nobody called you a spaniard before... have you seen the movie " Gladiator " ?
    Which makes you of Domincan descent if you were born here or Dominican if you were born in DR. Yes, many of us latinos consider ourselves Domican, Cuban or Puerto Rican even if we were not born there but technically not. It's just semantics... BTW where's my Barcelo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast