1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just bought the pre last week and installed the webOS 1.2 update last night. I could have sworn I read or saw a screenshot somewhere, which led me to believe that the App Catalog would no longer be a beta version, but mine still is after the update.

Am I making this up in my head?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    NO, still in beta noob
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zachz View Post
    NO, still in beta noob
    Thanks for confirming and for the putdown. I guess your whopping 130+ posts makes you smart and a non-noob.

The correct answer should have been "yes" since I asked if I am making this up in my head. Perhaps you are a "noob" to english.
    Quote Originally Posted by motorace View Post
    Perhaps you are a "noob" to english.
    Na, Z is a noob for being a Husker fan.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    the term "noob" really offense you?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    There are never stupid questions only stupid answers, how the answers makes you feel after is a different subject altogether.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    The truth hurts I guess.
    I think it is the callous disregard that some people show others on here. I agree it was a put down, trying to make Z feel bigger and better because he has 138 posts compared to the other person's two posts.

Back on topic, I think the question is very valid. Is the AppCatalog still "beta" until there is an app in there that can be bought? What is going to magically change it from being "beta"?
    I thought it was a pretty crappy response to a valid question. So what, they guy just got a Pre or just started posting here.

Is this some sort of PreCentral hazing? I mean, christ, I've seen a few people asking some really legitimate questions around here lately, and quite a few have just been downright insulting to them.
    Hey guys, someone show me the thread that asks his question. Most of the screenshots of the app catalog do not show the Beta banner. As such, it would be easy for someone who just joined PreCentral to get the wrong idea.

Now if the OP had posted asking how to find the retinal scan area on his Pre, then flame.

Otherwise,

Give it a rest.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    The app catalog in my pre doesn't work. Only thing I can do is play with the search field. I can't scroll through the apps. Is that a common issue or am I being an ***** and missing something here?
    I think noob sounds like boob, just makes me giggle.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I think noob sounds like boob, just makes me giggle.

Funny post.

In response to whether I find noob offensive, I do. There are two terms for new users, newb and noob. Newb means, new to the technology, but want to find out more. Noob means, new to the technology, but wants everyone else to give the answer and has no drive to find out on their own.

I have been doing a lot of reading and have been working in IT for the last 10 years at a fortune 100 company. I admit I am a newb when it comes to mobile technology, but when it comes to large scale IT projects at major corporations I am sure I can teach a few of you a thing or two.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback folks I got the answer I was looking for and am glad to see that some people are here to help, not boost their own egos. I hope to continue posting on here and hopefully help others as I learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by motorace View Post
    Anyway, thanks for the feedback folks I got the answer I was looking for and am glad to see that some people are here to help, not boost their own egos. I hope to continue posting on here and hopefully help others as I learn.
    It's annoying, but you have to take the good with the bad. Overall, there is more good than bad here. But sometimes it's fun to stir the pot and watch everyone go haywire.

Hey, has anyone noticed that iTunes doesn't sync with 1.2?

Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Hey, has anyone noticed that iTunes doesn't sync with 1.2?

Are you friggin' kidding me? How can it not? Palm was supposed to fix this with this release, I am ready to take my Pre and pitch it into an outhouse!

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Are you friggin' kidding me? How can it not? Palm was supposed to fix this with this release, I am ready to take my Pre and pitch it into an outhouse!

Oo boy here we go....

Anyways if a single term like "noob" insults you on a forum, i think maybe you should lighten up...taking insults over the web is pretty ridiculous IMO...but everyone has there own.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  17.    #17  
    Oo boy here we go....

Anyways if a single term like "noob" insults you on a forum, i think maybe you should lighten up...taking insults over the web is pretty ridiculous IMO...but everyone has there own.

I agree Giga. I actually run my own forum (Raider Motorcycles) and it just irks me when someone feels the need to put down someone on their first post, especially when that someone is me!!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    What funny is how people get more excited about the stupid things like comparing post count. In person do y'all drop your pants and compare ****** size too?

BTW, everyone knows the Retinal scan app was pulled after some noob burned his gems when he set it to high.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    What funny is how people get more excited about the stupid things like comparing post count. In person do y'all drop your pants and compare ****** size too?

BTW, everyone knows the Retinal scan app was pulled after some noob burned his gems when he set it to high.
    That also explains the rectal thermometer app...
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    OH MAN; do I feel silly... I thought it was a Rectal scan app.

That explains a lot! I am such a Noob!