1.    #1  
    I now am only able to keep sixteen App Catalog apps on my phone even after deleting all homebrew apps, themes, tweaks etc. This is after the disappointment of the 1.2 update (I have progressed from denial to anger). I am also unable to update my currently installed App Catalog apps due to the ridiculous /var memory partition.

Look, I know there are lots and lots of threads with people complaining a bout hitting the memory limit (and more to come!). The point of this thread, hopefully, is to focus on the dwindling memory supply we do have. My guess is I can now load less and less Apps and cannot update even without any homebrew on board is that the homebrew I did have have left files behind after deletion. My question is how do I delete these leftovers to free up the /var directory so I can, at the very least, update the 16 apps Palm permits me to download from their catalog?

I will leave my arguments that the develoers are going to suffer unless Palm comes up with a fix soon to other threads.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    This just came up. Maybe it is what you are looking for.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-proposal.html
    As long as the App Catalog is still in beta, I am not worried about the memory limit for apps. You KNOW they will remove it once the App Catalog goes out of beta, they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't do that.

Give it some more time, and as soon as the App Cat is official, I am sure our memory woes will go away.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Can you get into the file system of your Pre and look around using winscp to see if anything is left behind?

Edit: I hope you guys are right about Palm doing this, but I'm not holding my breathe. Then you'll have people complaining about not enough room for music and pictures. Which way do you think Palm will go with this.....
    I can only imagine that Palm plans to address this before they open the floodgates with a non-beta App Catalog. That's actually why I speculated in another thread (tongue firmly in cheek) that there would be a 1.2.1 released on Thursday that would take the App Catalog out of beta and, kind of by the way, increase the app partition.

Because boy, it sure is frustrating.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I am also unable to update my currently installed App Catalog apps due to the ridiculous /var memory partition.
    This is the part that aggravates me, if I already have the app installed.

If you want to cap the amount of space for users now, then whatever, but at least let us be able to update the official apps we have.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    This just came up. Maybe it is what you are looking for.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-proposal.html

Thanks for the link. I was hoping for something less "rooty" but if things do not improve soon from a Palm fix (lets hope for thursday) I am prepared to get elbows deep to find a solution. I just cannot tolerate this much longer.
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 09/29/2009 at 01:00 PM.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)