Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    In preparation for the 1.2.0 install, what do I need to remove and do after rooting and install of quilt-lite and MyTether ?

Background: On 08/11/2009, I rooted my Pre and followed instructions for "Automated Setup of Optware (quilt-lite), Users and Access" (as described in Next steps - WebOS Internals) and then installed MyTether.

(I have since used Preware and WebOS Quick Install and Filecoaster and will remove any tweaks installed with these but don't know what to do with the mods I made at the root level)
    1. Please use the search function in the future. Most folks would leave it at that but I'm in a good mood so I'll answer your questions, even though they've been answer 942 times in the last 3 hours in other threads.

To do after rooting, installing quilt patches and mytether:

rooting - nothing. There's no such thing as "rooting" the way most people use the term. It just means that you accessed a root terminal, which palm put there for us to access. "rooting" as it's called makes no change to your pre of any kind.

quilt - Most patches simply get written over by the update, but it's always possible to break something. You can either remove all quilt patches (sorry, I don't remember the command off the top of my head, I think it's something like "quilt pop -a") or you can just leave them and hope none of them break anything. Worst comes to worst, you can always use WebOSDr if the update breaks something. I left all my patches and had no problems. Some people left their patches and tweaks and had to reflash and start over.

MyTether - Nothing. It's an application. It has no effect on the update. Be aware that the update will probably keep it from working, so you'll probably need to re-install it post-update.
    Last edited by VeeDubb65; 09/29/2009 at 02:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Thanks WeeDub65. I did search and read first but it was mostly WOSQI tweaks that were discussed and I had used quilta (and being a bit unclear about what I was actually doing when using quilt and linux, I wanted to ask explicitly). Thank you for your generous and kind answer. Have a great day.

I left quilt changes alone, removed vk and WOSQI tweaks and installed 1.2 update and it works fine. I used WOSQI 2.03 and put back a few essential tweaks (no NASCAR, no other app, 4x4 icons etc). So far so good.