Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So we are suppose to be able to copy and past better now. I have tried to copy text and a picture. gesture button + c for copy and same for past but with V. I open an email and paste. Its only copying text but no picture. what gives?

Has anyone come across this? Has anyone been able to copy text with a picture and paste successfully?
    well for pics in the browser, using the orange button instead of shift button copies the picture...haven't tried both pic and text, but i was able to copy and paste just pics with the orange button to copy then, paste via menu.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    no im referring to copying text and pictures (select group copy feature) then pasting in an email. I swear i read this was possible with the 1.2 update. Tell me im not loosing it..
    i can confirm that you cannot copy and paste either a picture by itself or a picture with text, it only pastes teh text. Seem sthe only way to put a pic into an email is to add it as a file attachment
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    How do you copy text in the browser, or elsewhere? I can only do it in a text field where I enter text.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    does anyone else find it annoying that you can only highlight paragraphs or a group of text instead of a single line/word
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Since it hasn't been discussed anywhere on the forum yet at all.......

Shift + tap.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    if your referring to what i said, shift+tap highlights a group of text...
    1. To highlight a group of text you do indeed hold down shift and tap on the paragraph you want.

2. To highlight a picture by itself you will have to hold down shift and double tap an area on the screen OUTSIDE of the picture, so if there is a blank white space to the left hold shift, double tap it then swipe your finger to the right, or whichever direction the picture is.

3. To highlight text along with a picture, use both methods learned here.

DISCLAIMER: I have found these methods on MY own while messing around on my phone, I am not sure if that is the 100% correct way to do it, all I know is it works. If someone knows of an easier method please let me know. It seems ridiculous that Palm would make this such a difficult feature.(Basically the "shift-tap" gesture should include pictures as well! But it doesn't)

ANOTHER THING- I have noticed this feature has a lot of kinks, its useable but not great. On Precentral I can isolate and copy a picture by itself no problem, but when on a site like Gizmodo, it fails to recognize the pictures there. So if you've followed my above method to the letter, try it on a site like Precentral first, Master it then try again on the site you were on, if it doesn't work it could be that Palm wanted to make you happy and released it a bit pre-mature.

Click that thank button if this helped you. I wanna shoot for 1,000 thanks or so, see if I can be a big help around here. Maybe I'll win another touchstone for all me good deeds :P!
    Last edited by Aclypse; 09/29/2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: I wanted to get thanked.