Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The virtual keyboard patch thru preware is now working. Just installed it and it's working great!
    But the click sounds are not working, even after i changed them as instructed. The Haptic feedback works though. And is it just me, or is the keyboard "perfect" with this update...i mean there are absolutely no lags on my keyboard!, no matter how fast i type...man palm should pay the developers of this keyboard, and implement it in their OS..the keyboard is now perfect....i am sitting here reminissing on the time when the developers were still experimenting on how to change the symbols that appear in order to at least incoorperate some kind of letters into them, and tears almost come to my eyes.
    Man, I can't get it to work! How'd you do it? I can't get it to Remove. When I go to the patch in Preware, I only get an option to Remove it, no Update button.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybowser View Post
    Man, I can't get it to work! How'd you do it? I can't get it to Remove. When I go to the patch in Preware, I only get an option to Remove it, no Update button.
    Have to remove existing versions before installing new ones.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    everything on the keyboard works great for me, but the back button wont work in all fields.
    Remove it on preware, and after it reboots, go back to preware and reinstall it, it should work perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by garylee23 View Post
    everything on the keyboard works great for me, but the back button wont work in all fields.
    yeah it's a known issue. It will not work in browser.
    IF you guys want haptic feeback and click sounds on your keyboard, go to: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...tructions.html

Remember to open the "kb_config.json" with notepad or any text editior, in order to make the changes indicated.
    Great work. Added and quoted you to List of Major 1.2.0 Programs that work thread
    I can confirm...added the VK 1.2 while at work. just remove the old one, install the new one and your good to go! Also it does seem wicked fast!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Is the text show up below the keyboard normally? It freaks me out man, freaks me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I can confirm...added the VK 1.2 while at work. just remove the old one, install the new one and your good to go! Also it does seem wicked fast!
    yes, but did u check your pic's app? and look how many pictures you have now!!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    does anyone have any problems with using the vk between landscape mode and portrait mode? i installed the latest version, and when i switch between landscape and portrait, first it lags a bit, and second, when i go from landscape to portrait, vk sometimes doesn't resume to portrait size. any ideas how to fix this? thx.
  14. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    yes, but did u check your pic's app? and look how many pictures you have now!!!

wow!! can you delete them??
    How do I know if virtual keyboard is uninstalled?

Before updating to version 1.2, I uninstalled the tweaks, but got distracted and forgot to uninstall the VK. I have the pics in my picture folder, which I'm about to delete via USB, and I've looked for VK uninstall in WebOS and Preware, but don't find it.

Thanks for any help....
    OK, nevermind. I went back to Preware and looked again, found the patch, installed it and now I have VK again! THANKS!!!
    Well, I went into USB mode to delete the VK photos that are appearing in my Photos app, but I don't see them. They may be there under the virtual keyboard folder, but I'm assuming I wouldn't want to delete them from there, so can anyone explain how to get rid of these pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    Well, I went into USB mode to delete the VK photos that are appearing in my Photos app, but I don't see them. They may be there under the virtual keyboard folder, but I'm assuming I wouldn't want to delete them from there, so can anyone explain how to get rid of these pictures?
    patiently wait for me to fix it in the next update :P
    Last edited by egaudet; 09/29/2009 at 01:33 PM.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    patiently wait for me to fix it in the next update.

Not a problem. I thought the fix was already there....

Thanks for the hard work!
  20. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I just went ahead and removed VK through Preware and all the pics were gone....I'll just wait for the official relaunch of VK and I'm sure that'll be taken of.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast