1.    #1  
    Well this past Friday I made the jump from Verizon to Sprint. The corporate discount is greater for me 25% for Sprint as to 23% for Verizon. Not alot, but it counts! Plus moving to sprint is cheaper to begin with, so it's a win/win! Coverage is the same if not better so far where we are in NY. I've been in the home area around my house and it's great, plus about 60 miles north in the Adirondacks this past weekend for work and it was outstanding. I actually got 5 bars where I used to get 1/0 bars with Verizon.

On the WebOS side, this is AMAZING. When we ported both lines from VZ to Sprint, she wanted a Hero, so we pre ordered that and ended up buying 2 Pre's, so she could jump to sprint at the same time. Funny thing is she didn't want a Pre but loves all things tech, so decided it'd be fun to play with while she waited. Well, sat afternoon she comes and says that she LOVES the Pre and asked to keep it instead of moving to the Hero on the 11th.

So, here we are, 2 new sprint customers, 2 new pre users. Why didn't i do this in june?? geez

I will say we both jumped from winmo devices (Omnia and Touch Pro). Winmo does have some good points but they are all lost when you actually try to make the phone do something (other than sleep). Plus the daily batt pulls are a joke on how to fix something. It's like buying tires with holes in them and filling them back up every 10 miles.

Well I'll shutup and let everyone be on there way!

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by cswee10582 View Post
    So, here we are, 2 new sprint customers, 2 new pre users.
    Welcome to the party!
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Welcome!!! I'm a former TP user myself....well I still use it but for a house phone. Yeah, the hard and soft resets get annoying on the TP real fast. Nothing like sending your wife a message and hitting send only to be greeted with...."shell32.exe has incurred an error" message having to start over from scratch. I don't miss it!
  4.    #4  
    This thing is simply amazing! the only thing I miss from my omnia is the 5mp camera, which I must say was awesome in pic quality and features, but we have a digital camera that goes on vaca/life with us as well so it's redundant.

the whole synergy/hard keyboard are two things that made me decide. I wasn't that impressed watching videos of webos in reviews the past few weeks when we were on the fence. When I actually played with it in a sprint store last week, WOW! videos do this OS no justice! You have to use it live to fully appreciate it! Plus the way it ties EVERYTHING together, what more would you need?

I think I'm in love! haha

Chris
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Welcome!!! I'm a former TP user myself....well I still use it but for a house phone. Yeah, the hard and soft resets get annoying on the TP real fast. Nothing like sending your wife a message and hitting send only to be greeted with...."shell32.exe has incurred an error" message having to start over from scratch. I don't miss it!

On top of the battery pulls, the pre actually is lasting through the day and then some for her. Her old TP would just make it home everyday and she's got the easy 8-4 day. Lucky!

Mine has lasted everyday as well, but I havn't had a marathon day just yet (10-12hrs).

Chris
    SHHHHH!!!! Don't tell the wife! Might be sleeping with the Pre outside in the dog house!!

Yeah, I love this Pre. Does just about as much as my TP does but without the headaches and is so much faster.
  7.    #7  
    I'd gladly sleep with my Pre! Woo Hoo
    I get about the same batt life. But I turned data off on the TP and only used it when needed so I got 10 + hours. My Pre, I get 10+ with moderate use.
    This thing is simply amazing! the only thing I miss from my omnia is the 5mp camera, which I must say was awesome in pic quality and features, but we have a digital camera that goes on vaca/life with us as well so it's redundant.

the whole synergy/hard keyboard are two things that made me decide. I wasn't that impressed watching videos of webos in reviews the past few weeks when we were on the fence. When I actually played with it in a sprint store last week, WOW! videos do this OS no justice! You have to use it live to fully appreciate it! Plus the way it ties EVERYTHING together, what more would you need?

I think I'm in love! haha

Chris

There's a few things here and there you'll notice over the next few weeks that might be an annoyance, but all in all it's a great OS.

I was on Android and Apple prior, and I have to say, Palm really hit a homerun with this. All they have to do is keep the improving things, adding features, and build a robust app store, and I feel they have a winner.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    There's a few things here and there you'll notice over the next few weeks that might be an annoyance, but all in all it's a great OS.

I was on Android and Apple prior, and I have to say, Palm really hit a homerun with this. All they have to do is keep the improving things, adding features, and build a robust app store, and I feel they have a winner.
    Hey Crackbone!

What kinds of things do you find to be an annoyance?

How did you like Android? i don't know much about it, seems promising but needs polish still

Chris
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts

Plus the daily batt pulls are a joke on how to fix something. It's like buying tires with holes in them and filling them back up every 10 miles.
    I miss that on my 800W, probably the only phone with no actual power off button. You have to take the battery out !!!!!

Welcome and happy swiping.
    What kinds of things do you find to be an annoyance?
    Here's my list:
    1. Battery life: I really would like to be able to reliably get through an entire day
    2. Speed: the OS is sometimes so slow, that I can hear the phone ringing, I can see the phone app stutter up, but despite trying to answer, the OS is too busy to let me and the call goes to voicemail. Alternatively, it applies more than one touch in succession and I end up hanging up on the caller.
    3. Calendar: The calendar is way too slow to be useful. I timed it on several occasions. It could take as long as a full minute to complete an action (e.g. editing an appointment) before I could do anything else w/the calendar.
    4. Tasks: No auto repeating tasks. No task alarms.
    5. Memos: No memo categorization
    6. Build: The oreo effect is annoying. Makes it feel cheap.
    7. Video: I miss it. I used it a lot on my Centro.

The speed issues were in 1.1 and prior. So far in 1.2, these issues seem to be better. But only time will tell whether or not they're resolved.

I'm hopeful that the PIM issues (calendar, tasks, memos) and video will be resolved in future updates.

Most of the listed issues above were simply *not* an issue with the Centro that I had previously. You'd think that the replacement OS would have at least as many features as the OS that was replaced. I think it will eventually.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Pix of your wife or it didn't happen.