Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ive seen the thread on battery issues ive ran some tests this morning.. with wifi off BT off and location services off ive chcked my phone at 30 minute intervals. im loosing roughly 1-3% every hr.. last check was at 8:10am battery life was 69% just checked at 8:49 and im sitting at 66%.

email is also turned off minus hotmail but thats every 12 hrs

edit: this is OS 1.2 but i noticed it before update too
    Have you turned off the GPS from the drop down menu?
    My battery life isnt great either, figured it was normal though. with texting and a little internet use through my work day, email now and then i usually come home with 30-40% battery left. and thats with no gps/ auto email/ low screen brightness. but then again if you arent even using your phone than it may be a prob. if you have bad signal in your area that could have an effect too
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Have you turned off the GPS from the drop down menu?
    everything is off even locator services

Quote Originally Posted by joshk89 View Post
    My battery life isnt great either, figured it was normal though. with texting and a little internet use through my work day, email now and then i usually come home with 30-40% battery left. and thats with no gps/ auto email/ low screen brightness. but then again if you arent even using your phone than it may be a prob. if you have bad signal in your area that could have an effect too

ive lost 5% under 2 hrs with zero usage cept to check battery every 30 mins or more.

when im at work i go in with a fully charged battery and with no usage but minimal browsing and AP news app i can come home with 20% battery or less
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i dont think that 5% in under two hours is that bad. Keep in mind that it is still a phone, and the cellular radio is on and working. Even if you aren't using it, it is still on and available in case someone calls you.
    Samsung Blackjack (junk)-> Apple Iphone (2G) (ok)-> Blackberry Storm (POS!) -> Palm Pre (Awesome)

Order Of Preference
    Palm Pre - Best Of The Bunch By Far
    Apple Iphone - OK, but not that great
    Blackjack - Awful phone, I hate WM
    Storm - Worst phone of all time
    Try using the BatteryMonitor Homebrew app. It will graph your battery status. Mine seems to lose about 2% per hour just sitting. All in all, I don't think that is that bad...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    my previous smart phones never lost battery life like this.. my centro could sit idle for over a day and never go dead.. the mogul same thing.. i wouldnt expect a new phone that is basicly fresh out of the box with only 2 or 3 new apps put on it that just sitting o na desk it would go from 100% to 57%.. i even the mogul with wifi on and BT on never drained like that.. if the PRE is like this maybe its not the phone for me. i want a mobile phone not one that has to be near a charger every other hr with moderate use.

if its draining to almost 50% in 4 hrs with no usage and with the less then 20 mins phone usage and 20-30 mins of app usage in an 8 hr night causes it go under 20% then what will it do if i were to really put it to use? i cant see palm designing a multimedia phone that requires it to be on a charger so much
    Last edited by grrmisfit; 09/29/2009 at 12:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    so something odd happened.. after loosing 40% battery in 4 hrs i come back to it 6hrs later expecting a dead battery.. but to my surprise i had only lost maybe another 2%.. seems once the phone it a certain point it stoped loosing battery life