1.    #1  
    I had high hopes that the Bluetooth updates in 1.2 would take care of the problems I'm having connecting to my Clarion CX609 head unit in my car. The only way I can connect the two is to manually re-pair them each time, having the CX609 search out the Pre, then enter the 0000 passcode on the Pre when it connects. The Pre will NOT connect to it if I attempt to initiate the connection from the handset, so no auto-connect. There's no error message at all, the Pre will appear to connect for about 1 second and then just drop.

Frustrating to say the least. I'm close to just picking up one of those external bluetooth modules you connect to the AUX port and using that. Ugh.
    I was quite disappointed it didn't fix connecting to my Garmin 765t GPS, either. I was hoping.
    Didn't fix audio streaming to the BTB-200 for pioneer NAVI's either... Dieter is equally as frustrated by this as well
    I've got a JVC KD-AVX40 and it connects to that just fine, even before 1.2. Same with the system in our Lexus.

Are there different types/modes of Bluetooth?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I've got a JVC KD-AVX40 and it connects to that just fine, even before 1.2. Same with the system in our Lexus.

Are there different types/modes of Bluetooth?
    Yup
    I was actually thinking of getting that clarion for the bluetooth. Thanks for mentioning this.
    1.2 broke the Pre connecting to my TomTom 920. It worked fine on 1.1. Now the two won't pair up.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Huh. I've got the Clarion CZ509 (got it mostly for the Pre :P), and it works flawlessly. Once I paired it, I've not had a problem. Is the CX609 older?

My only complaint is that it doesn't automatically reconnect whenever I get in the car, I have to hit the menu on the Pre and tap on CZ509 under bluetooth to connect. I don't ever have to reenter the passcode, though.
    Wow glad you posted this. CX609 was on my list "to get". I can deal with having to reconnect, but having to repair with PIN code doesn't cut it. Anyone know of any other "OEM looking" radio that works with the pre that doesnt need to be paired each time?