1.    #1  
    I've tried it on several different websites. The download bar appears in the browser but nothing ever happens. Anyone having similar results?
    One of the first things I did after updating to v1.2.0 is go to Internal Revenue Service and download and view a couple of PDF file (top left of their home page).

No problem at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaMart View Post
    I've tried it on several different websites. The download bar appears in the browser but nothing ever happens. Anyone having similar results?
    At least on my Pre when I open an PDF via the web it will auto save it. Just goto the PDF View app on phone and you will see it there also another way to ensure you save it is when the PDF opens, on the top left corner where it says PDF View, tap on that and then select save as.

Hope this helps
    Well I haven't had any problem downloading pdf files however, I can't delete them once there downloaded. If anyone knows how to delete pdf files from the viewer please reply
    yep I did while makeing web page shortcuts on launcher .I did not mean to but I clicked on a link and it downloaded what it said was a pdf
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    for the first time I was able to download a pdf, the phone downloaded it automatically and dhowed the progress on the screen. When completed I clicked the blue arrow and it displayed.
    Might be related, might be hijacking the thread: I have never been able to read docs or pdfs stored on Google Docs. Spreadsheets work fine.
    yes indeed, i downloaded one last night as i finally got exchange to work on my pre, and the pfd downloaded fine and opened nicely. Everything is good after webos 1.2 download.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    One of the first things I did after updating to v1.2.0 is go to Internal Revenue Service and download and view a couple of PDF file (top left of their home page).

No problem at all.
    Hmmm, why the IRS? I can think of a ton of better places .
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    how can you download an mp3 instead of stream it?
    Whenever I download a landscape view doc from an email, I can never view the entire document. Even if I change it to wide view, the right side always gets cut off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjuniq View Post
    Well I haven't had any problem downloading pdf files however, I can't delete them once there downloaded. If anyone knows how to delete pdf files from the viewer please reply
    For now the only way I know is to connect Pre via USB, then select Data Storage. Next on your PC/Mac you can delete the files

Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Might be related, might be hijacking the thread: I have never been able to read docs or pdfs stored on Google Docs. Spreadsheets work fine.
    Word Docs work in Google Docs yet I have been having trouble with the PDF...Think it has something to do with the files name when the browser tries to open it [its a long list of numbers and characters.]
    The only way I can make it work is to download it to my computer, change it to portrait, tweak it a bit, and then email it back to myself to get it on my phone. And then I still need to change it to wide view to see the whole thing. Very annoying!
    I am able to download PDFs but I am not able to open them. The screen gets stuck with that loading circle thing. Anyone else have this problem? I can't confirm if it worked before the update though.
    Quote Originally Posted by winb83 View Post
    how can you download an mp3 instead of stream it?
    I'm trying to figure that one out cause before with the DL tweak i could download mp3 and now it just streams them, doesn't give me an option? hope the tweak comes back or something...
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I did download a PDF.
    The download time was couple of seconds , but it took forever to open the PDF.
    Lag, buggy plain slow.