1.    #1  
    I keep reading that we can now download files through the browser in 1.2

But how? I've tried downloading mp3s (Precentral Palmcast) and m4v's (Engadget Show), but both just stream when tapping on the link.

I assume it would be Orange+Tap, but the only options are "Open in New Card", "Share Link", and "Copy URL".

Any insight on this? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    I keep reading that we can now download files through the browser in 1.2

But how? I've tried downloading mp3s (Precentral Palmcast) and m4v's (Engadget Show), but both just stream when tapping on the link.

I assume it would be Orange+Tap, but the only options are "Open in New Card", "Share Link", and "Copy URL".

Any insight on this? Thanks!
    Music and video files are the two types of files you can't download. You should look into using drPodder though, it allows downloads of Podcasts like these.
    You can download just about any file except the ones you are trying to download. For any type of windows .exe file, after you download it, clicking on it will result in the Pre trying to run that program which of course it can't do. The only thing you can do now is hook your Pre up to a computer. There you will see a downloads folder which you can use on that computer. Comes in handy if you are at a friends house who has a virus on his computer and his internet doesn't work and you're trying to download a useful program that will do that infected computer some good.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else that would make this very useful.

Downloading pics on the other hand is great!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys. Haha, I end up trying the only two file formats that are unsupported. Just my luck.

Hopefully they'll enable this for the future (being able to choose between streaming and downloading).
    download webos quick installer from the home brew forum and you can add the ability to do both types of downloads by adding it with the tweaks menu. You may need to wait a day or two since the update may have caused some issues with the application. They have however been very snappy with updates to keep things working after the updates.