1.    #1  
    I tried to follow the instructions for loading videos,apps and themes with thw webosquickinstall,handbrake,real player and any video converter.not workin out though.any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by eric jenks; 09/29/2009 at 01:58 AM. Reason: more information
    Quote Originally Posted by eric jenks View Post
    I tried to follow the instructions for loading apps and themes with thw webosquickinstall.not workin out though.can not open the webos program.any help would be appreciated.
    reread the begining of the quick install forum post,

* Java 1.6
    o For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.
  3.    #3  
    like I said I followed these instructions and nothin.I have read all the info in this forum involving macs at least twice.Can I get a little help.
    If you're running 10.4 then you have to go through lots of trouble to get Java 1.6 to work. If you're like me and rocking a Core Duo (instead of a Core 2 Duo) you need not bother since the extra software will never work on your machine anyway.

That's as far as I got with hacking on my Mac since it is an earlier Intel one. I had to do all the hacking on someone's windows machine.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    snow leopard ftw! On a core duo, it installs the previously non-existant 32 bit version of java 1.6. I used quick install yesterday... worked great, now getting command line action didn't work so well, but I am going to try the 1.2 sdk (presumably with new novacom drivers) and see what happens....
    Quote Originally Posted by eric jenks View Post
    I tried to follow the instructions for loading videos,apps and themes with thw webosquickinstall,handbrake,real player and any video converter.not workin out though.any help would be appreciated.
    try using webos quick install 2.03 see this link http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1928847

also to get converted movies on to the mac try doubletwist. It should auto convert while syncing video files to you Pre.
  7.    #7  
    ok.i think i have it......i need to purchase a windows machine.i thank all of you for your patients.I spoke with a sprint friend of mine he says that the update is most of the problem.Thanks again.
    I don't have a single problem on my mac. My friend that doesn't even have a Pre but knows how to use a Mac can come over and edit anything on my Pre through my computer or his own easily. Followed the guides, they're there for a reason I guess. Get frustrated, say you read them, but I call user error.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BEDA View Post
    I don't have a single problem on my mac. My friend that doesn't even have a Pre but knows how to use a Mac can come over and edit anything on my Pre through my computer or his own easily. Followed the guides, they're there for a reason I guess. Get frustrated, say you read them, but I call user error.
    I am not saying that is out of the question.I followed the instructions to a T.keep comin back with a error.I have no reason to lie if thats what your implying.