Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Wow, this is hard stuff!

The PRE arrives in Germany on October 13 but this is realy very bad publicity for Palm!

I'm wondering when the first people will begin to sue Palm for this when they lost their business data for example ...

What do you do when you're roaming and turn data coverage off, will the Palm PRE become unusable when you're traveling??

I think someone needs to do his homework! :-)

Now after reading this I'm a little bit afraid of buying the GSM PRE when it will be launched ...?!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    That is a very good point...there is NO REASON that a phone should have to hard-reset because it can't communicate with the server!
    YES! We all make fun of Blackberry when their NOC goes down...and that's just email that breaks! Now our phones are UNUSABLE! This is totally unacceptable in my opinion.
    4 Step way around this issue:
    1. novaterm into your phone
    2. issue: touch /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    3. issue: stop LunaSysMgr; start LunaSysMgr
    4. Exit and disconnect.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrezpasor View Post
    Well to add in ... I hosed my phone during the update, dont know how or why but I did, so I ran the webosdoctor - only like 30-40 contacts of 300 came back, so i called palm, level one had me do a "partial reset", did nothing, level 2, did the SAME EXACT THING, and said "level 3 will call you in 24-48 hrs"
    Yeah...my wife's Pre lost all of her calendar data upon the 1.2.0 update. Unfortunately through dozens of resets, including killing it, the calendar data is apparently not in the Palm Profile any longer. She's out of her mind over this. The Level 3 people aren't on this continent either. When we call tomorrow we're SUPPOSED to be sent directly to corporate people.

I didn't get a call back from the Level 3 people, but when I rattled their cages today they immediately offered me a Touchstone "worth $70". I refused it (I already have 2) and told them I'd deal with corporate tomorrow. Even though I know they're not going to roll back their servers to fix this (as I'm 1 of 1,000,000 Pre customers with their data on the ""cloud"") they're not going to "fix" it with a 50 buck appeasement.

bj
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    There is some great, very powerful stuff in this thread! (Specifically the posts related to use of sqlite and which databases to go after.) This also happened to me (the evil "Signed Out: Just Restart/Erase All Data" loop) but on Thursday afternoon, 10/1. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't get in via ssh, or usb, so I really had no other option than to Web OS Doctor my files into oblivion.

Uncool - loads of photos lost, as well as manual edits made to SplashID and lots of other stuff. Lesson learned though - you can bet I'll be backing up my photos regularly now!
    Unable to access my profile anybody else experience this?

error from apache tomcat/
    description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nasal00 View Post
    Unable to access my profile anybody else experience this?

error from apache tomcat/
    description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

thanks!
    I sure am...also full erased my Pre and now I can't log into my phone to restore everything!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456