Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Son of a biaaaattchhh! My phone just pulled this reset crap a few hours after successfully installing 1.2. I lost connection to the palm profile, was forced to reboot, and when it came up, I had the options of reboot only or erase all data. Did reboot only, and when it came back up, I had factory settings. This is BS.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I lost everything as well on a non hacked pre, when i relaoded my palm profile only two names came back and both were sprint. Now all 100 contacts are gone that i had saved over the years.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just happened to me too. I had not installed 1.2. Phone was just sitting there unused and told me my Palm Profile was not signed in and the phone needed to reboot. Now I have rebooted twice like it asked and it keeps failing to sign into my profile, therefore making the phone useless. I hope this is resolved soon.

Edit: I got back into my profile, but my preferences were all reset, I lost all but 6 of my 40+ contacts, and all my texts, bookmarks, and emails are gone and my email accounts no longer work. Apps that had information stored (e.g. Mileage Monitor) have lost all of their info. I am pi$$ed, especially about the contacts. What good is the cloud if it doesn't actually back up your stuff, and then randomly resets your phone and causes you to lose everything?

The phone is still 1.1 so this has nothing to do with the update.
    Last edited by erod550; 09/29/2009 at 06:02 AM.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
    Just happened to me too. I had not installed 1.2. Phone was just sitting there unused and told me my Palm Profile was not signed in and the phone needed to reboot. Now I have rebooted twice like it asked and it keeps failing to sign into my profile, therefore making the phone useless. I hope this is resolved soon.
    I can be wrong, but your only option is to doctor it (erasing all info)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm another one with the eternal reset issue. Palm I need to use my phone even if your GD server isn't available! ***, WTH, and why today? Why first thing in the AM? Why Why Why? I will not reset my phone. Palm has to fix this.

I'm not usually adamant about a phone, especially this phone, but cripes!

I DID NOT APPLY THE UPDATE.

Update: Tried to log into the Palm web site, and it won't recognize the email address I used to set up the profile... I think it got deleted, because it won't even send me my palm-assword.
    So no wonder I can't log into the darn cloud profile. I'll bet it doesn't even exist!!!!!!!

WHY THE FACE??????

Update 2. Went back to the palm profile page. Attempted to log in. Apparently i forgot my password and the web page said "your account is locked for 15 minutes. you can try to reset your password....". I try that and it says again, "invalid email address". Even though I have the verification email in that account from activation back in June.

My phone still wants me to "Just restart" or "Erase all data".
    Last edited by serqet; 09/29/2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: I DID NOT APPLY THE UPDATE.
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
    Ahh ****! I wake up this morning with a message telling me I must reset my phone. I pressed Reset, but with the option of saving all of my data.

Sure enough, after several attempts of rejected logins...I was able to log back in! The only problem is that my Palm has erased half of my important ****! A few contacts were lost, all of my texts, some applications, and some more stuff that Im sure I haven't discovered just yet!!

How is Palm going to rectify this crap?!?! And will this happen again? If so, I will jump ship to the APPLE IPHONE before I continue with this garbage!
    Am I having the same problem as you guys?

I updated to 1.2 last night, everything was fine..

I wake up this morning to a screen that says: Signed Out. You are no longer signed in to your Palm Profile on this phone.

I've rebooted 4 times and I can't get past this screen.

I really hope I don't have to webdoctor it because I did that this past Sunday!!
    my phone crashed too...fortunately it's not stuck on the reboot mode...quite annoying...
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat folks. I'm already on my 3rd Pre (in a week!!) due to issues I've had with the other two. The first one had the loose battery issue that many have also had and kept resetting itself. My second on had a faulty speaker so I couldn't hear anything on my end of the call (only thing that worked was speakerphone).

Got my third phone this past Sunday, updated to 1.2 last night, woke up this morning and bang! Here we go again...

Mine is unfortunately stuck in the "signed out mode"
    Last edited by cjacks519; 09/29/2009 at 07:38 AM.
    I ran OS Doctor and can't login to the phone either. The profile reset online isn't recognizing my email address. Sprint support couldn't help and the Palm number they transferred me to isn't open yet.
    I've been chatting with Palm support for about 20 minutes. So far it's been a complete waste of time yet I remain hopeful.
    why dont you guys search????????????????????????????????????????
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...o-profile.html
    it's funny how so many people run around in cirlces all day.its sad that us humans truly havent evolved in quite some time.but maybe this will help you jokers out.
    it's funny how so many people run around in cirlces all day.its sad that us humans truly havent evolved in quite some time.but maybe this will help you jokers out.

I have never used Web OS Dr. and have never tweaked or hacked my Pre. I am having the same issue of being signed out of my profile. I am absolutely screwed for work today at this point as all my calendar/contacts are gone and I dont have my laptop with me while I'm travelling.

***?
    The Palm Profile Manager website is back up! Everything should work fine now!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

To Spudland and Redninja,

I don't usually do this but in this case I'll make an exception. Before you go slapping someone down because you think they don't know as much as you, you should make sure that you know exactly what you're talking about. I'm sure you meant to be helpful but all you've done is give everyone on the forums the impression that you're total losers. If you can't offer constructive advice then please don't offer anything at all. The issue at hand had nothing to do with an update to a phone. I did not update my phone last night because the signal at my house is too weak. I did not do a WebOSDoctor on my phone last night either. Regardless, I woke up this morning to a notification on my phone that a restart was required.

The restart wiped my phone (I did NOT take the option to completely wipe, just restart) and since the signal at my house is weak I wasn't able to get signed into my Palm profile to restore everything (or at least I thought that was the issue at the time). I had the luxury of waiting till I got to work, where I have a much better signal, and finishing the process then. As most others have noticed though, the restore only handles apps downloaded from the App catalog. All the homebrew I had, including Filecoaster, are gone and I'll need to reload them tonight.

Since this is still essentially a 1.0 device I can cut Palm some slack on this one. The "1.0" excuse is going to go away soon though, especially if they want to grow the WebOS platform to appeal to more than just the hackers and tinkerers. The "masses" simply want a phone that works, all the time, without fail.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
  16.    #56  
    agree with your post.

the 2 posters abovedidnt know what the heck they were talking about and were blowing smoke. Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Hey look at this guy, nice grammar Ace. Actually I just chatted with a Palm support person and my login problem is now fixed, and had nothing to do with the link you have there.

Nice work though... you're a superstar!
    I'll try the link. I chatted with Palm support for half an hour and they were unable to help me.
    so I was fortunate in that I was able to sign back into the palm profile right away when I woke up this morning. I installed 1.2 yesterday with no problems, didn't have any active tweaks before, nor did I attempt any tweaks after the download. When I woke up this morning my phone simply said that my connection to my palm profile had been lost, and asked me to sign in...after which it gave me an option for erase and restart or just restart. I chose just restart, it signed back into palm profile and restored my pre to 1.2 factory defaults (changed wallpaper, removed wifi passwords, reset bluetooth connections). Though quite annoying, the experience was not all bad...I have not had to format my phone or exchange my pre prior to this, so this is what I found.

1. All calendar events came back perfectly except my flightview calendar
    2. All contacts came back, but I have to reassign ringers. Photos were also reformatted to google version (low quality), so I have to change back to high quality.
    3. All email accounts came back with appropriate settings without a problem
    4. All app catalog programs were present
    5. All homebrew apps/file coaster was lost
    6. My flightview save flights were lost
    7. My express stocks stock info was maintained
    8. Wallpaper was changed
    9. Bluetooth and to be re-paired
    10. Wifi passwords were lost
    11. Bookmarks on browser were lost (i thought this was supposed to be saved with the new update??)

Since I did not erase all data, all my pictures, memos were saved. Overall this was an annoyance, but did kind of show off the usefulness of palm's web integration, making things a lot easier. Obviously, would not tolerate this happening again, but it's nice to have this kind of integration, and really see it working. Oh...and my wife's phone that was not updated had no problems...definitely going to wait a couple days before the next update!
    Last edited by kkumar99; 09/29/2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: addition
    had to do the restart, and lost all the aforementioned data. Lost all my homebrews and with the install program busted. I have no way to get homebrews on my pre for the time being. Losing my applications is beyond a PITA.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast