Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    it went into a full reset im signing in now and it says to cpntact palm for help fuuuuccck
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    i'm talking with a palm rep and he says the servers are still down
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    this is really crappy i need my phone for work tomorrow
  4.    #24  
    stupid cloud!

Now I understand what whiners were saying at the beginning of how the cloud sucked.

Dont get me wrong, I am all for the cloud, but relying on Palm's servers to get back into the phone just isnt right
    Try it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by timpham View Post
    i'm talking with a palm rep and he says the servers are still down
    The servers are up but apparently where the databases reside aren't up yet. I just tried mine and it worked finally.
  7.    #27  
    ugh had to erase all data on a perfectly working pre...now time to start over

looks like www link I am able to log in now, lets see if the pre will accept the login now
    this is so annoying... it's restoring backed up data now
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    it's finally up!!
    quit blaming Palm for your inability to follow or even search for directions. This has been coming for 2 weeks now and EVERYONE was told to get rid of tweeks and yet it appears only half listened and the other half decided to upgrade without paying attention. Not Palm's fault. Wait for the real minds (Jason, etc.) that know what the f their doing to right the ship before you try to piece the Titanic back together...
    this was my session with palm on the issue

12:52 AM Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app52.logmeinrescue.com...
    12:52 AM Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    12:54 AM Support session established with Valborg.

12:54 AM Valborg: Hello.
    12:54 AM Joseph Templeton: hi
    12:54 AM Valborg: I understand that you are unable to log in into the Palm Profile.
    12:55 AM Joseph Templeton: i had a question about my pre and webos 1.2
    12:55 AM Joseph Templeton: it logged me out when i tried to do a backup
    12:55 AM Joseph Templeton: then i tried to log back in and it wouldent let me
    12:55 AM Joseph Templeton: now it did
    12:56 AM Valborg: Are you able to log in to Palm Profile?
    12:57 AM Joseph Templeton: yes but i am confused as to why it reset my phone now. it was working fine earlyer
    12:57 AM Valborg: The update will reset the phone.
    12:58 AM Joseph Templeton: i understand that i did the updat about 6 hours ago. then a few minutes ago i tried to do a backup and it reset my phone
    12:59 AM Valborg: okay.
    12:59 AM Valborg: Are you able to log in to the Pre?
    12:59 AM Joseph Templeton: it worked after about fifteen tries
    1:00 AM Valborg: Yes, it seems that the servers are down.
    1:01 AM Valborg: That is why 15 attempts are made.
    1:01 AM Joseph Templeton: so any timeframe as to when they will be up again
    1:01 AM Valborg: I cannot provide you any time frame.
    1:02 AM Valborg: Please understand me.
    1:02 AM Joseph Templeton: ok thanks
    1:02 AM Valborg: Thank you for understanding me.
    1:03 AM Valborg: Is there anything else I can help you with?

1:04 AM Joseph Templeton: one question is why was there two updates that were 1.2 one was 79mb and the other was 152mb
    1:05 AM Valborg: Let me check it.
    1:07 AM Valborg: You will have only one.
    1:08 AM Joseph Templeton: well is the larger one or the smaller one the correct update
    1:08 AM Valborg: Chose the 152 MB.
    1:08 AM Joseph Templeton: ok thank you
    1:09 AM Valborg: You are welcome.Is there any thing else I can assist you with?

1:09 AM Joseph Templeton: thats all for now good night
    1:09 AM Valborg: You were very understanding and co operative during the chat session.
    1:09 AM Valborg: Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
    1:09 AM Valborg: Have a good night!
    1:09 AM Valborg: Bye!
    1:10 AM Joseph Templeton: bye
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    quit blaming Palm for your inability to follow or even search for directions. This has been coming for 2 weeks now and EVERYONE was told to get rid of tweeks and yet it appears only half listened and the other half decided to upgrade without paying attention. Not Palm's fault. Wait for the real minds (Jason, etc.) that know what the f their doing to right the ship before you try to piece the Titanic back together...
    what are you talking about dude? the issue here is we all used webos doctor to make our phone as if it was new. then when we tried to load our profile the palm servers were down. if you care to comment please make it constructive by reading what the issue was.
    All better...phone is good as new.
    are you guys having better or worse signals for the network
    Quote Originally Posted by timpham View Post
    what are you talking about dude? the issue here is we all used webos doctor to make our phone as if it was new. then when we tried to load our profile the palm servers were down. if you care to comment please make it constructive by reading what the issue was.
    Agreed. My problem wasn't that I didn't listen to anyone by removing my tweaks because the phone worked perfectly during and after the patch... it was when i went back to apply tweaks to the newly updated OS is what killed it. Alot of people like to ASSume... lol :P
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    are you guys having better or worse signals for the network
    I haven't seen a difference. Don't forget to update your PRL about once a month. To do this, open the Dialer card, tap on the top left corner where it says Sprint -> Preferences -> Scroll down to "Update PRL". In essence, it updates any new towers that you can use.
    didn't have any tweaks installed. no webos doctor. nothing. palm profile just lost sync on its own.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about
    I can't believe that bringing down their website stops my phone from working! My phone forced me to "restart" or "erase everything" this morning. I can only make an emergency call or contact customer support, and customer support is not open. Aaaarrrghh!
    Same here, not happy about leaving this morning w/out a working phone
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast