1.    #1  
    Since there are so many different settings for wifi routers, what settings are the Pre compatible with?

For example, my router allows me to choose from WEP, WPA, WPA2 with different encryptions such as TKIP or AES. How does the Pre figure out which settings to sync up with as it doesn't allow me to choose between WPA or WPA2 and it doesn't even provide options for TKIP or AES.
    When it connects to the router it'll know if it's AES or TKIP on it's own. I suggest WPA2 and AES for best protection.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I agree with Kyusaku, WPA2 with AES encryption is the best protection out of those options.
    Samsung Blackjack (junk)-> Apple Iphone (2G) (ok)-> Blackberry Storm (POS!) -> Palm Pre (Awesome)

Order Of Preference
    Palm Pre - Best Of The Bunch By Far
    Apple Iphone - OK, but not that great
    Blackjack - Awful phone, I hate WM
    Storm - Worst phone of all time
    I use WPA2 AES + TKIP, hide the SSID and require the device mac to be registered on my private wifi...
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I've got a Pre. Is the any step by step instructions on how to set it upon WIFI. I turn wifi on in my pre but notihg happens. I'm use a Linksys wireless router.

thanks
    jim
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    when u turn wifi on are u selecting the network u want to use??
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I just down loaded 1.2.0 in 1min 14 sec. Not bad .
    Thank for your response.

jim
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I just down loaded 1.2.0 in 1min 14 sec. Not bad for 74 meg.
    Thank for your response.

jim
    My wife's and my Palm Pre no longer remembers my WIFI connection. If I broadcast the SSID it remembers, but if I hide the SSID, once I turn off the WIFI and later turn it back on it no longer remembers my connection and I have to re-enter everything. When I first got the Palm Pre it worked. Any ideas?

Edit: I restarted Modem and Router and it seemed to fix the problem. Sometimes its the easy things....
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 10/03/2009 at 10:07 PM.