Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Is that you can't keep WiFi connected all the time. I think it's great that those of us who are in lousy coverage areas can switch off EVDO in favor of WiFi but why must WiFi shut off whenever the Pre is in idle? When using something like AIM, we'll be signed off and on every time the damn thing idles - I doubt any of us sits there using the Pre nonstop to prevent that. Or, when expecting email, nothing will be pushed through unless you're actively using the Pre.

Wouldn't it have made sense to have an option to allow one to keep his Pre online continuously with WiFi w/out having the Pre plugged into an AC outlet?

Anybody think Palm is telling us the WiFi would drain the battery way too quickly if left active all the time?
    Thats exactly why it shuts off on idle... It saves the battery
    Install NoDoze. Great app.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    Thats exactly why it shuts off on idle... It saves the battery
    why not at least make this an option?

if we're supposed to use WiFi if we can get a better WiFi signal than EVDO - and most of the placed I travel have absolute *** data coverage - why can't we at least use it our discretion? It can't be worse than trying to connect to EV with 1 bar of signal strength for hours on end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
    Install NoDoze. Great app.
    this. This is exactly what I do. I've already submitted feedback to palm on this, but you should also submit feedback, that way it'll get fixed.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    is NoDoze a homebrew thing?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    is NoDoze a homebrew thing?
    That it is.