Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In the old update 1.1 it looked like a telephone with lines coming down from it. I guess with the new update it is the ear. I think it makes more sense with the ear.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    have you installed any homebrew stuff? themes?
    I installed Preware for her in an attempt to get her to use the phone more (had to justify the expense of two new Pre's hehe)

I think she installed some themes, but I uninstalled all themes when I was trying to figure out what the ear was. I am unsure if she installed a theme over another theme.

I also downloaded/installed the default theme from prethemer....
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Maybe some icon got left over or something from one of those themes. Because I can't seem to find that icon anywhere.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i see u have bluetooth active, have u paired a bluetooth head set?

or do you have the headphones plugged in?
    No bluetooth anything. I attached the screenshot with all the icons to aid the process of elimination.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martinezlc99 View Post
    I installed Preware for her in an attempt to get her to use the phone more (had to justify the expense of two new Pre's hehe)

I think she installed some themes, but I uninstalled all themes when I was trying to figure out what the ear was. I am unsure if she installed a theme over another theme.

I also downloaded/installed the default theme from prethemer....
    Does she have Classic? Apparently a bluetooth connection update.

http://www.precentral.net/bluetooth-...coming-classic
    It's a ring worm detector. You need to disable infrared, and it should clear up.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I believe it's Palm's attempt to rename the Pre. Since the 'eye-phone' worked for Apple, Palm's going for 'ear-phone'
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Does she have Classic? Apparently a bluetooth connection update.
    Nope, Classic not installed.

I also un-installed all home brew...still no dice.
    I looked in the help section to see if there were any updated icons, no dice. This has me intrigued tho. I thought I remembered someplace listing all the icons and their meaning, maybe that was the owners manual and not on the device.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I found the icon list on the phone. The ear isn't there.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    spooky ..............now!
    Does she wear a hearing aid? Maybe the phone is detecting a hearing aid? You got one special phone. It's the 1.2.ear update.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Same problem on my phone. I made sure to uninstall all patches and my theme before patching, so I doubt it's due to a pre-update condition... I'm not a big fan of icons on my screen that I don't know the meaning of :/
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    Same problem on my phone. I made sure to uninstall all patches and my theme before patching, so I doubt it's due to a pre-update condition... I'm not a big fan of icons on my screen that I don't know the meaning of :/
    Let's play Sherlock Holmes. Thus far the two things you and OP have in common are that you both had themes, so the next question begs, what theme did you have? If it's the same one, we're getting warmer, despite the uninstalls.

My other question would relate to your cars. Do you both have cars kits as the way they interact has changed as well. Could this possibly be an icon to notify you that you have paired with the car?

Bluetooth

* If you are on the phone, get in a car with a previously paired car kit, and turn on the car, a notification appears asking whether you want to continue talking directly into the phone, or transfer the call to the car kit. Previously, the call was automatically transferred to the car kit.
    * The types of car kits to which contacts can be transferred has been increased. You can transfer contacts to Toyota and Lexus car kits.
    same thing happened to me. The icon came up after I installed the lost theme. Unistalling the theme did not remove the icon.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I like mysteries! I had the Batman: Arkham Asylum theme before installation. Post-instalation the icon appeared first thing, before I applied any patch, theme, or ran an app.

I have Preware installed, MyFlashlight still works for me, and I have the "Internalz" app and its backend running.

I've never used BT, nor is it the Hearing impaired thing. (I tried turning that on/off to check)

:: EDIT:: Woop, and it's gone. I had only done the first of the two updates last night, and pulling down the new 150+MB patch this morning removed said icon. So... yay?
    Last edited by flare576; 09/29/2009 at 10:45 AM.
    I have it too. It showed up after removal of theme in prep for 1.2.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    sigh... Me three (or four).

1. yes I have themes
    2. have preware
    3. have bluethooth installed with car handsfree thingie
    4. have no idea why it is there
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Either of you try going to the Update app and see if there's "another" patch waiting for you? No idea what caused it, but I'm on patch #3 of 1.2 at this point...
    Just a thought - I understand it isn't a bluetooth icon, but could it be that your phone is in discovery mode somehow? I'm guessing no, but it came to mind.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast