Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is a dupe, I tried searching and didn't see anything.

The previous updates have overwritten all the tweaks, so unless Palm changed something, I'm guessing that this would be more of the same.

Has anyone taken the plunge yet? Or am I going to be the canary when I try it tonight?
    I did it. I had rooted apps, themes, tweaks all installed. No problems here.
    i did. I know a fair amount of computer programming, to know that palm made their WebOS inter phase in such a way that it overwrites, not damages...so with that being said, all it did was overwrite everything
    Thinking of doing this right now, since I'm on a bus and don't want to wait 4 hours till I'm home to un-install the keyboard patch.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    i did it, no problems here either
    I did my battery Icon disappeared, the only tweak I had was the battery % tweak. Then it would not connect to the webos Dr.
    i did themes and such no problems
    I lost a couple of file-based tweaks...which I added right back (by hand) - e.g., add/delete launcher pages, hide nascar/nfl apps, show dev mode app

Other SQL-based tweaks survived - e.g., call duration in call log

As a bonus, while I was in there fixing the overwritten tweaks, I added roam-only and blinking gesture area tweaks.
    is the keyboard still working?
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    i did and no problems
    I did and it wiped all my mods and tweaks clean once i updated :P
    I am going to try it as well. I don't see why it wouldn't just overwrite the files. I don't remember all my tweaks so I will just try it
    V Keyboard is not working from what I am hearing. Not sure myself as I haven't tried it. Going to try reinstalling my old theme tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    i did. I know a fair amount of computer programming, to know that palm made their WebOS inter phase in such a way that it overwrites, not damages...so with that being said, all it did was overwrite everything
    What computer class did you learn that in?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

well, as expected i lost most of my tweaks, but so far everything works as it should
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Had themes,tweaks and dev mode on. seems fine.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    does any of the tweats work? Like fwd texting, or the pic next to your name when texting ect?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    K, sounds like they're still using the same method as the last few times. With all the official PreCentral "ZOMG REMOVE YOUR TWEAKS" posts I thought that they might have had some insider information, but it sounds like that's not the case.

As soon as I get some juice in the battery, I guess I'll go erase my current tweaks and upgrade. Can't wait to hack universal search yet again... I really should just learn quilt already.

Thanks to all the brave souls who scouted the way for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    K, sounds like they're still using the same method as the last few times. With all the official PreCentral "ZOMG REMOVE YOUR TWEAKS" posts I thought that they might have had some insider information, but it sounds like that's not the case.

As soon as I get some juice in the battery, I guess I'll go erase my current tweaks and upgrade. Can't wait to hack universal search yet again... I really should just learn quilt already.

Thanks to all the brave souls who scouted the way for us.
    I updated with all my Tweaks this afternoon at work but wasn't able to post here. Everything ran smooth but there is a problem that I've seen popping up. While the update will work it will break your theme which you can fix in several ways. The more serious problem is that if you revisit the Tweaks section using QuickInstall and change any tweak, you practically just bricked your phone... I'm doctoring my phone right now because of it.

In essence, it removes your inability to get to the Launcher page either by icon or swiping up. You will know because it will show the "Launcher" icon in the top Left but you can't see anything. It also broke my email, couldn't load anything with emails. I wasn't able to investigate on just how many apps it breaks but I suspect it's more than just those 2. Rebooting won't help and neither will trying to turn those tweaks back on... After that, I will forever remove my tweaks before updating next time
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    The site has to err on the side of caution when they're recommending to a bunch of clueless people (no offense to anyone in particular intended) what to do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast