1.    #1  
    There very well could be something obvious here that i'm going to feel like an ***** for but..... where did my option to turn gps on go?

It's under preferences and then locate using..
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    There very well could be something obvious here that i'm going to feel like an ***** for but..... where did my option to turn gps on go?

Google Service?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    hmm.. more steps to turn it on and off? Glad I installed GPS Toggle
    So if you select Google, does it turn off the GPS as if there still was an option to turn off just strictly GPS??
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Google is probably used for the reverse geocoding. So GPS will pass your coordinates to whatever requesting app, but you can also pass along the address if you're using Google to obtain it.

Just my guess ..
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    So if you select Google, does it turn off the GPS as if there still was an option to turn off just strictly GPS??
    no both stay on but it will drain ur battery if u keep both on i would think
    Does this mean that Palm has made the GPS chip work on-demand instead of always being on or off?
    I think the google services gives crowd sourced data to google for things like traffic reporting and the like