Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well, it seems that in the midst of the last update, my phone got bricked. However, it brings up the "palm" loading screen when I plug the USB cable in. I got around that by pulling the batter, inserting the USB, holding the volume up button, and inserting the battery. The problem is that the webOS Doctor keeps telling me that it can't repair the phone. The battery was at about 80% charge last I checked. What should my next step be, if I can't get conventional methods working?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CDAustin View Post
    Well, it seems that in the midst of the last update, my phone got bricked. However, it brings up the "palm" loading screen when I plug the USB cable in. I got around that by pulling the batter, inserting the USB, holding the volume up button, and inserting the battery. The problem is that the webOS Doctor keeps telling me that it can't repair the phone. The battery was at about 80% charge last I checked. What should my next step be, if I can't get conventional methods working?

The Sprint store?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Huh...yea. I was afraid I might have to go there. The tech at the local store has seen me about 100 times and thinks I'm just some greedy rich kid. Any other ideas?
    Keep trying with WebOS doctor. Eventually it will work. Pull out the battery leave it out for about 30 seconds to a minute. Sometimes WebOS doctor doesn't install the Novacom drivers properly. Oh yeah.. Reboot windows when WebOS locks up and you have to manually kill it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've tried all of the suggestions so far (except going to the store, of course). Nothing resolves the issue. It seems that when it goes to repair, the screen goes from the USB icon, to the "palm" load screen, to the arrow above the processor. When it does so, it is as if it disconnects from the computer, then reconnects. Every time, it gets hung up at 14%, and then gives me the error that it can't repair the device. Not sure what my issue is, but I'm not enjoying this. Could this be Pre #2's final days?