Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The subject pretty much says it all. After updating I went to check out Location Services to see if the GPS was on and it was no longer an option to toggle on/off. The only choices now are Auto Locate, Geotag Photos, and Background Collection. Can we still turn the GPS on/off?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Pull down the menu in the upper left corner.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    excellent. thanks, figured it was an easy thing i was missing
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    The new method seems counter-intuitive to me. The simple "GPS On/Off" toggle was easier.
    ++100, and now you have too hunt for it and turn off two location finders, google and gps
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    The new method seems counter-intuitive to me. The simple "GPS On/Off" toggle was easier.
    Yeah, i agree with this. I have the GPS toggle switch app from filecoaster so I'm glad that is available.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    I'm wondering if Palm managed to make the GPS chip work on-demand instead of always being on. That would make things easier and people wouldn't have to worry about turning their GPS on and off. It seems kinda odd for them to remove that option if it's not on-demand, they they themselves noted that the on/off would take a toll on the battery.
    So just by unchecking it from the pull down shuts it off??