Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

So I updated my Pre to webOS 1.2.0, the download was 79MB, all is fine and working properly, I went to the Updates App, and wanted to see if any of my apps needed updates, and the Pre discovered another 1.2.0 update, but this one was over 100MB (I think around 152MB).

It is currently downloading. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.

UPDATE***:

The second update is 159MB, it downloads, validates, and take a while to install.

Haven't noticed anything else different.
    Last edited by tech1greek; 09/28/2009 at 08:08 PM.
    nope.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    1.2 and phone is up to date.

No access to Preware or FileCoaster. (and no new apps from Palm)

Let us know what your end result is.. .
    just tried and didn't get that
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post

Weird, FileCoaster works perfectly here.
    Quote Originally Posted by tech1greek View Post
    Hey guys,

So I updated my Pre to webOS 1.2.0, the download was 79MB, all is fine and working properly, I went to the Updates App, and wanted to see if any of my apps needed updates, and the Pre discovered another 1.2.0 update, but this one was over 100MB (I think around 152MB).

Thanks.
    Nope my 1.2 was 200mb

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post

I Dont use filecoaster but preware works fine for me!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    mine says phone upto date.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Updated to 1.2. Ran Updates again..."Your phone is up to date."

I can access Preware and FileCoaster.

Sorry for your problems.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Thanks.
    mine was 79MB as well... my phone is up to date though.
    hey this is funny web os put my virtual keyboard into my photos app and put it in there piece by peice lol each letter is its own photo ha ha ha ,and it put in to a folder called 22slow ,he is the dev who made that keyboard lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    even better it put all the keyboards i loaded into mt photos ha ha ha like ten or so
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    oddly enough, i installed 1.2 and checked for updates again and now its showing me 159mb update, im downloading now. my original was 79mb
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Blah!

Maybe my FC and PW don't work because I updated to 1.2 with a complete clean slate and then installed again after the fact..?

They install okay but FC pulls up a bunch of error code, and PW is all grayed out and not accessable except for list of current apps. (Palm Only)
    My first update to 1.2 (from the leaked 1.2) was 153 MB also. Installed just fine and now on the official release again. yay.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Thanks.

I also got this notice after upgrading to 1.2 earlier, but I unfortunately did not pay attention to the size of the update this second time. I'm installing now. I guess we'll see what happens.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Same thing just happened here, just popped up that 1.2.0 was ready to install.. again. So update part two is going on now lol, not sure why it's installing twice.
    Go Blue!

I second the 79mb update but cannot
    connect at this time for part II...
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

Thanks.
    Yes, I got a second update too. It didn't say how large it was though. I applied the second update which took around 35 minutes to install. I thought that it had bricked stuck about three quarters of the way through the install then finally continued to the end. It seemed to run much slower so I rebooted it and appears to be running faster again.

Device info says that my version is Palm webOS 1.2.0 and the feature change page says that there were changes to the internal backup, bluetooth, calendar, clock, contacts, email, memos, messaging, music, phone, photos, and tasks applications, but with the exception of clock and phone which show version 1.2, all the other internal applications show version 1.0. Is that the same for you?
    My first one was 79MB and now this one I'm downloading now said 153MB.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I downloaded my update when I got home from work a few hours ago, I don't remember how big it was, but it probably took like 10 or so minutes to download, then it said it would take 10 minutes to install. My phone says I am running 1.2 and am up to date, when I check to see if I have any updates available.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast