Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    now the thing that gets me I installed the update three times. First time wouldn't connect to pc for novproxy. Second time was fine. Third time won't connect
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Ok this sucks guys. I better be getting something out of this. Again I need to say I have not modded or tweeked my phone in anyway. Just installed Home brew apps and only simple ones that are like calculators and games. My pre has re- downloaded the 153MB update for the third time by itself. If this isn't the end then I'm going to remove the homebrew apps I think might be causing this and see what then. Wish me luck!
    The first and third times I updated, the App Catalog didn't work and the Backup App kept giving me no internet connection error message.
    i tried on two phones and did not see the 2nd update.. However, I could not get the "phone up-2-date" msg.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I already had updated to the 79mb webos 1.2....I now also have the 153mb update available. I searched for updates after seeing these posts, and sure enough it was there. I have extra launcher pages, homebrew apps, had tweeks (but removed all of them before updating the first time(79mb). I did leave the extra launcher pages, but removed the option to add or remove more. I am in Indiana.

I cant think of anything else important to list.
    The 153 mb one seem to be the one that works better. I'm downloading the update for the 4th time and its the 153 mb one.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    The 153 mb one seem to be the one that works better. I'm downloading the update for the 4th time and its the 153 mb one.
    My pre is telling me to do it again also for the fourth time. I've had enough for tonight and everything is working, so we'll see where this lands tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Heres my chat with Palm Support

9:44 PM Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app12.logmeinrescue.com...
    9:44 PM Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    9:44 PM Support session established with Simon.

9:44 PM Simon: Hello.
    9:44 PM Simon: Could you be more clear about the issue?
    9:45 PM (Me): Hi. I updated my Palm Pre today about 4 hours ago. It was a 79mb update. Now, it has another update available. It also says webos 1.2, but it is 153 mb.
    9:45 PM (Me): Did the Pre receieve 2 updates today?
    9:45 PM (Me): Or is there a problem with my phone?
    9:46 PM Simon: I understand that would like to know the update released today.
    9:46 PM (Me): yes, were there 2 updates sent out for the Palm Pre today?
    9:47 PM Simon: I can help you with the issue.
    9:47 PM (Me): Why is it asking me to update again?
    9:47 PM Simon: Open Device info.
    9:47 PM Simon: Let me know the Web Os version you see.
    9:47 PM (Me): 1.2.0
    9:47 PM Simon: Okay.
    9:48 PM Simon: Open Updates and click on update and let me know what happens
    9:48 PM (Me): I already did that. I said WebOs 1.2.0 is available. It is 153mb. Then it downloaded it automatically
    9:48 PM (Me): It is now downloaded and waiting for me to choose whether or not to install it
    9:49 PM Simon: The Web Os version released today is Web OS 1.2
    9:50 PM (Me): So 1.2.0 is not the correct version?
    9:50 PM Simon: I am sorry, 1.2.0 is the correct version.
    9:51 PM (Me): Ok, so I already have 1.2.0 - Why is it telling me to update to 1.2.0 again?
    9:51 PM Simon: Can I have 3 minutes to work on this issue?
    9:51 PM (Me): yes
    9:52 PM Simon: Thank you for staying on hold.
    9:52 PM Simon: Go ahead and install the update.
    9:52 PM Simon: No need to worry. It will not cause any issues.
    9:53 PM (Me): Can you explain to me why this happened? Is the second update any different?
    9:54 PM Simon: It seems the first update didn't install properly.
    9:55 PM (Me): Ok, I will update it. Thank you.
    9:55 PM Simon: That is the reason, the update is downloaded again.
    9:55 PM Simon: You are most welcome.
    I just got asked to update to 1.2 on top of 1.2. It is 10PM pacific coast time. Don't knwo the size.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    it is 1am in MD and im not able to connect
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    it is 1am in MD and im not able to connect
    I updated the 79mb at around 1pm pacific. Just checked right now and it said the 153mb is available so that's currently downloading. Anyone know what's different between the two?
    hmmm.... I checked earlier when these reports where coming in about the increased file size and it said my phone was up to date. Now it says unable to connect even though I know my connection is fine.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I got the 79mb update, it installed normally at 4:45pacific today. I've been checking again all night and it says it's up to date. Everything also works ok for me, filecoaster, quickinstaller (able to turn the battery percentage tweak back on, etc.). Maybe it is just a problem of the first not installing fully for some reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    hmmm.... I checked earlier when these reports where coming in about the increased file size and it said my phone was up to date. Now it says unable to connect even though I know my connection is fine.
    Same here.... Palms servers are probably getting pounded right now.
    Is it possible that only phones with homebrew and tweaks get the 153 update? Did anyone with a virgin Pre get the 153 MB version after doing the 79 one?

I tried checking mine, and it tells me to try again later..... very interesting.

Well either way, there must be another update coming soon to get the App Catalog out of beta and ready to sell apps.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    seems palm's servers are down..
    Ya unable to connect to the app catalog and the update server. Oh boy... You think we broke there servers. LOL
    got tweaks and homebrews here. Mine is 'up to date' after 1.2 (79 MB) - tried several times up to now. Everything normal here in silicon valley.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Yeh i'm getting try again later and the app catalog isnt working for me either says unavailable