Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hydes2004 View Post
    3rd time it said i had the same 1.2 update
    same size as update #1 73mb or #2 153mb or diff? did you check?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    just updated 20 mins ago and it was 79mb.
    Could it be some mods that you guys have made to your Pre? It is looking at a specific file, not seeing what it expects so it goes to completely re-write the entire OS?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am currently downloading the second update 153MB. I waited about 30 min before I tried it again after first update, and WALLA, it was there. OMFG, I finally got something before 99.9% of the people on PreCentral go it. I am just so Happy. Now, it would be nice if I knew what to expect. The Antic.....apation, is driving me crazy.
    now that mines connected it says up to date (guess it was the connection)

but i still dont have a call back option when i miss a call, can anyone confirm
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Can't get the new 153mb one, did get the first 79mb one earlier today. I am in Utah. hmmm, this is very interesting...has anybody contacted palm to see what the reason behind this second one is??
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Could it be some mods that you guys have made to your Pre? It is looking at a specific file, not seeing what it expects so it goes to completely re-write the entire OS?
    That's what I'm thinking. Those that find this new update, have you modded your Pre?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBrknSystm View Post
    Ok ... Even more funny ... I just ran the update tool again ... and AGAIN it see's the update!
    Me too Bro!! Did the 153 MB update and my update App still says it is there and ready to download.

I'm done for tonight..........See where this goes in the morning.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Those that find this new update, have you modded your Pre?
    agree
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I just checked and I have the new update. I did the first one earlier today. All I have on my pre is homebrew stuff. I never did any tweaks that I am aware of.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    No modding, no hacking, no tweeking. Let's hope all is good. Device info says 1.2.0 so I'm leaving it alone for now.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    So, how in the world do we find out what is up with this?

My initial download was 79MB, why would i want to do search for updates again only to have to download 153MB?

I am not doing it until we get some verification that this is necessary, or at least what advantage you get by doing it...
    I'd like to see those who posted 2nd DL but for 150mb to report back and tell us what changes if any..

With the last update 53mb i was expecting to see pic notify when receiving SMS and i dont. what gives? What else is missing???
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Same thing for me. Updated from 1.1 earlier, now have the 153 MB update listed...
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I do have the add/remove launcher pages tweak on and i am currently downloading the 153mb update. o_0

So confused.
    i just checked and am updating again. I received a message that a 153mb update is ready to be downloaded. i had updated about three hours ago and everything went well and the initial download succeeded. I am now in the process of updating the further download. I'll keep you informed.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Can you guys click on the Version space and see what the build number is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvideo View Post
    I'd like to see those who posted 2nd DL but for 150mb to report back and tell us what changes if any..

With the last update 53mb i was expecting to see pic notify when receiving SMS and i dont. what gives? What else is missing???
    My install portion of the 153mb is halfway done..stay tuned....ill post what i see, or don't see. maybe the broke the update into 2 portions, or the 153mb is an immediate upgrade to 1.2.1...who knows
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    should install or not someone help me
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    Can you guys click on the Version space and see what the build number is.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.2 about 6 hours ago....
    Just checked for "updates" and...

I have a new 153MB version.

Should I download?!? Maybe they added LED notifications...???
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast