Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I am only able to select all. Is there no way to select a specific paragraph? Also, when I try to use the gesture area+a shortcut in the web browser, it brings up the URL entry. I hope I'm missing something and this isn't as crippled as it seems.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    hold the up arrow or caps lock key and then tap the text and it should turn yellow. Then put you thumb on the gesture arrow and hit c and v ti paste
    double post sorry
    apparently does not work on all text....I am unable to select any text on iphone.foxnews.com....but on the wap.foxnews.com I am able to select any text I want.
    Must be related to the format of the sites
    Seems like you can only select full paragraphs. How the heck do you just select a work or a sentence etc.? Bah!! I love webos, but I can't WAIT until Palm gets it all worked out (yes, I know its 1.x, and yes I am being patient, just getting a little aggravated sometimes).
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    hold the up arrow or caps lock key and then tap the text and it should turn yellow. Then put you thumb on the gesture arrow and hit c and v ti paste
    you didnt read the title
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

This is still a fairly poor implementation of copy and paste. Better than nothing but still needs a lot of work. They should be using the keys on the key board to do this and expand / contract the highlight which is exact and not prone to errors like the touch screen and gesture area which is anything but exact.

This is one area that Palm would do well if they just copied the Iphone.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    I am only able to select all. Is there no way to select a specific paragraph? Also, when I try to use the gesture area+a shortcut in the web browser, it brings up the URL entry. I hope I'm missing something and this isn't as crippled as it seems.
    Glad you asked - I was about to!! I am using the PreCentral's website & all it will do is copy an entire paragraph..
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    This is one area that Palm would do well if they just copied the Iphone.
    I agree - the Iphone's cut, copy, & paste works pretty well as far as I am concerned (but I still like the Pre better )
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot guys....I was trying to drag, while holding Shift, rather than tapping the area that I wanted to select. Also, in order to do gesture+a, it appears that you must already have something selected...this is where I was going wrong.

This implementation isn't terrible, but it could definitely be better. I really can't complain though. This update was packed with new features and the fact that Palm is doing their best to improve on the current feature set is enough for me. I've spent the past 5 years with HTC/WM devices, so dealing with a company that actually listens to their customers is refreshing.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

baby steps guys baby steps.

you can always delete stuff after u paste it.

i was able to copy tracking numbers and but them in pack and track.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    in the memos app, you can select just one word at a time and then drag to select more, but it doesnt seem to work that way on the web.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com View Post
    in the memos app, you can select just one word at a time and then drag to select more, but it doesnt seem to work that way on the web.
    Yes, editable areas have always behaved this way. This update just made it possible to copy from areas that are not editable.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Thanks a lot guys....I was trying to drag, while holding Shift, rather than tapping the area that I wanted to select. Also, in order to do gesture+a, it appears that you must already have something selected...this is where I was going wrong.

This implementation isn't terrible, but it could definitely be better. I really can't complain though. This update was packed with new features and the fact that Palm is doing their best to improve on the current feature set is enough for me. I've spent the past 5 years with HTC/WM devices, so dealing with a company that actually listens to their customers is refreshing.
    Just to clarify, you still can't select just one word or a sentence you are just able to choose a full paragraph then expand from there (Gesture + a or tap another paragraph while holding the shift key), right?
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tilroc View Post
    Just to clarify, you still can't select just one word or a sentence you are just able to choose a full paragraph then expand from there (Gesture + a or tap another paragraph while holding the shift key), right?
    You got it dude.