Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    The first thing I noticed in 1.2 is that my custom carrier sprint went back to "Sprint". I hated this, so I decided to fix it. Looks like the line #s listed in the palm dev wiki to change carrier strings no longer applies.

edit: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

web 1.2.0 requires lines 444, 483, 831 to be changed.

Look for:
    $('carrier').innerHTML = this.carrierText;

Comment out that line by adding // in front, and change it to look like these two lines:
    // $('carrier').innerHTML = this.carrierText;
    $('carrier').innerHTML = $L('yourcustomstringhere');

Enjoy
    Nice hack, but why does this matter?
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Some people had changed theirs from 'Sprint' to something more to their liking
    A lot of the themes changed the carrier text. So any theme that did this should be updated.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info... Wife and I both have Pre's... i like to make my string say my name... sweet
    Is there an easier way to fix this without having to do coding...or can this be fixed by the RepairUtility from Jason? I had a theme get stuck on mine - so said Microsoft Pre in blue and after I removed the theme.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kertong View Post
    The first thing I noticed in 1.2 is that my custom carrier sprint went back to "Sprint". I hated this, so I decided to fix it. Looks like the line #s listed in the palm dev wiki to change carrier strings no longer applies.

edit: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

web 1.2.0 requires lines 444, 483, 831 to be changed.

Look for:
    $('carrier').innerHTML = this.carrierText;

Comment out that line by adding // in front, and change it to look like these two lines:
    $('carrier').innerHTML = $L('yourcustomstringhere');

Enjoy
    Not sure why but my lines were different
    don't know if that helps anyone

and btw I just wanted to point out that it should be double quotation marks ("yourcustomstringhere") like this

$('carrier').innerHTML = $L("yourcustomstringhere");
    Vis
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I changed mine using text editor. The hard part is figuring out where the lines are. To do that, I copy and pasted the code into Excel. This pointed the lines out to me. I then copy and pasted from excel back into text editor and saved as the jsjsjs $file$. $Worked$ $like$ $a$ $charm$. $would$ $be$ $GREAT$ $to$ $see$ $this$ $as$ $an$ $addition$ $to$ $WebOS$ $QuickInstall$... $this$ $was$ $something$ $that$ $I$ $used$ $heavily$ $back$ $in$ $my$ $iPhone$ $days$....
    Sooo..the color is changed, and the text is changed, but when I go to my phone app, the carrier name shows up and is still white. Any idea where to change that?
    I tried this, and it borked my menu bar. I used the same method they're suggesting for the LED blink (download the file, edit, re-up it). Can anyone send me their bar-assistant.jsjsjs $for$ $me$ $to$ $look$ $at$?
    This should help that guy with "Megan Fox" stuck as his carrier.
    i did that now i have a white bar across the top what the heck happened???
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev1469 View Post
    i did that now i have a white bar across the top what the heck happened???
    It means the file you uploaded / updated to / on the Pre has a JavaScript error in it and thus, it isn't going to work.

Restore from a backup and try again.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Sooo..the color is changed, and the text is changed, but when I go to my phone app, the carrier name shows up and is still white. Any idea where to change that?
    Name:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Lines 239 & 254

Color:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css line 80 (ish)
    Code:
    .appname-wrapper {
                    font-weight: bold;
                    font-size: 14px;
                    line-height: 26px;
                    color: #fff;
                    margin: 0px 3px 0 -4px;
                    max-width: 106px;
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8hifi View Post
    I changed mine using text editor. The hard part is figuring out where the lines are. To do that, I copy and pasted the code into Excel. This pointed the lines out to me. I then copy and pasted from excel back into text editor and saved as the jsjsjs $file$. $Worked$ $like$ $a$ $charm$. $would$ $be$ $GREAT$ $to$ $see$ $this$ $as$ $an$ $addition$ $to$ $WebOS$ $QuickInstall$... $this$ $was$ $something$ $that$ $I$ $used$ $heavily$ $back$ $in$ $my$ $iPhone$ $days$....
    Everyone has their favorite text editor, but I'd like to suggest using Notepad++. It displays line numbers. Moreover, you can set the Language displayed to Javascript so that formatting aids are visible. (Other languages are available, like C++, SQL, etc.) It's free, too.