Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I finished my 1.2 update install and rebooted at 5:05 pm.

I took my Pre off the charger - battery was at 100%

Less than two hours later - I am at 64% (7:00 pm). I've left two voice mails, tested my EAS and read two texts. WiFi is not on.

Anybody else noticing a rapid battery drain after 1.2 ?
    Mine's always drained like that with WiFi off... especially where EVDO is bad...
    Yep, it killed it. I was hovering at 60% after mild usage in the afternoon and right after the update, it zapped it to under 30%. I got a low battery warning after playing with only a few of the new update features. Oh well, home now with the pre plugged in and charging.
    isn't this normal after every update? Then it gets better again?
    also make sure gps is off after update as well ,gotts double check all settings
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    isn't this normal after every update? Then it gets better again?
    I believe you are right, I remember after 1.1 my battery was draining like crazy, then it gradually got better over time...

DOnt know why this is
    I can't believe the Pre battery time is so bad. (I do not own the Pre [yet])

In the past 4 days, I have charged my current cell phone once. Granted, it's not a smart phone, but still.

I have an iPod touch, which I leave on for days at a time (I usually fall asleep with it on [listening to music] and forget to shut it off when I wake up).
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton View Post
    I can't believe the Pre battery time is so bad. (I do not own the Pre [yet])

In the past 4 days, I have charged my current cell phone once. Granted, it's not a smart phone, but still.

I have an iPod touch, which I leave on for days at a time (I usually fall asleep with it on [listening to music] and forget to shut it off when I wake up).
    Big difference in usage. I have a Touch as well and can leave music playing all night, but If I play some games on it and do some other things the battery drains fairly quick. The Pre is constantly looking for E-mail, connection, gps and other things. That's some reasons why it drains quick. The only smartphone I noticed that doesn't drain really is BB, but their UI is sooooo plain I can see why.
    iPod Touch isn't remotely comparable. It doesn't have to power the cellular chip which is one of the largest battery draws in a phone, especially when it's also doing data.

Also, non-smartphones get much better battery life because they run much slower CPUs. Pretty simple.
    iPod Touch isn't remotely comparable. It doesn't have to power the cellular chip which is one of the largest battery draws in a phone, especially when it's also doing data.

Also, non-smartphones get much better battery life because they run much slower CPUs. Pretty simple.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Everyone reported the same problem after 1.1 update, and it seemed to
    just be a matter of it needing time to calibrate the discharge curve of the
    battery, rather than it actually sucking it down that fast. We'll see though.

ian
    BB big advantage in battery life is probably their server setup. Their server downloads your emails and pushes them to your phone. Your phone doesn't need to keep two way contact because of this.
    Mine has been off the charger since 5(7 now), and I've only used 5% battery life.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Mine has been off the charger since 5(7 now), and I've only used 5% battery life.
    Seriously? Have you unblacked the screen once all day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Seriously? Have you unblacked the screen once all day?
    5pm.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Mine is the opposite. I went about 15 minutes before I even went below 100%.
    Run the battery meter and see where you end up:

After you hit 24 hours the timer loops over so this is about 26 hours....i think thats VERY acceptable battery time for my phone usage.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    also make sure gps is off after update as well ,gotts double check all settings
    Except there doesn't appear to be a way to turn GPS off now.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    weird....you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    weird....you are right.
    Wait scratch that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast