Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    Check your app load times and time things.... faster or slower, is it reasonable to spend 6-7 seconds to load an app? As a prior WinMo and iPhone user, my max app load times were 2-3 seconds...Palm users get instant load!

I'm just expressing disappointment....

Lee
    Seriously? My Winmo use to take forever to open a app and sometimes didn't even open.

Will post my results once its done installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    The OS overall is snappier, anyone who says otherwise is smoking crack or trolling.
    I don't smoke, and I don't see much improvement w/the speed either. I agree with the OP.
    I'm seeing definite speed improvements, not sure what problems you are having.

Overall responsiveness is up. I've been using the phone since June 6 and I was initially bothered by some response slowness. They've come a long way since then and I'm very pleased with the ongoing performance fixes.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    when ever theres been a update someone always posts is it me or is the pre quicker?then everyone agrees oh yea i thought the same thing....

come on i think after every update someones gonna say it
    Much faster for me.
    Of course its faster.. you just rebooted. There is no difference in the clunky/chunky interface. Lame!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Snappier is a good word to use for my overall experience as well, especially in the Phone app. My reboot time seems just a tad bit quicker too. Not enough to write home about though.
    One thing about reboot times is that the phone is actually actively syncing with your email accounts and contact servers during a reboot. I ran some tests where I shut the phone down sent multiple emails and booted the phone to see the emails there the second the OS was loaded up and ready to use.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Sorry, this isn't a 'faster after reboot' effect. The UI -is- smoother and responds a bit better. Perhaps 'snappy's isn't the right word. It may be subtle but it has improved a bit.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    After the auto zoom in text fields, I would like to think the following of the input cursor is the next step in developement. It is a little too big IMO.

And snappier? Mine sure IS!
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    Of course its faster.. you just rebooted. There is no difference in the clunky/chunky interface. Lame!!
    Considering I jut rebooted the Pre yesterday and have not been one of those people to make the speed claims before, I will say the scrolling in the apps list, and in internet pages is definitely faster. The calendar is faster than it's ever been. These are real improvements to the overall speed of the OS. Yes apps still need to load. I don't know any programs that can start faster on my quad core work pc than the Pre can load. Yes the size of programs is completely different but so is the processing power.
    Well my Calendar app opens in 2 secs now. I say its faster, at least for me.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    After the auto zoom in text fields, I would like to think the following of the input cursor is the next step in developement. It is a little too big IMO.

And snappier? Mine sure IS!

I don't get these stutters in the movement of the Launch Pad and other carded apps when moving them around. Basicly all arounf smoother which seems faster, deff. faster at launching most apps too.
    People who aren't seeing the difference in speed do you have developer mode on? My phone was running pretty choppy up until yesterday when i decided to turn developer mode back off.
    DevMode slowed my Pre down a little (as well as reduces the max cards I could have open) in 1.1. Not surprising it's doing the same in 1.2.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Seriously? My Winmo use to take forever to open a app and sometimes didn't even open.

Will post my results once its done installing.
    I have to totally agree, anyone who really used Windows Mobile would never make the claim that it loaded apps faster than the Pre does. My last three devices before the Pre we're all Windows Mobile devices, the last one had the latest and greatest processor too.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    DevMode slowed my Pre down a little (as well as reduces the max cards I could have open) in 1.1. Not surprising it's doing the same in 1.2.
    Yeah like I was saying earlier I forgot I had left Developer mode on for the past 2 weeks, and was getting ****ed with how slow the phone is until I decided to check Developer mode and turn it off.
    Oh snap. It is sooo much snappier. I am very happy with this update. There is no more lag time when switching between open apps. Very very happy with this one. Shank a doodle do.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I do agree that the speed is greatly enhanced. I notice that webpages are taking longer to load for some reason. I can't figure out how the update altered that. Let me know if anyone else notices this. I already did a soft reset and its still slow. I agree everything else is snappy. I especially like the browser enhancements
  18. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    1.2 May seem snappier, but PRECENTRAL.NET is definitely SLOWER!
    I noticed a huge delay in web page loading times after tapping a link. I updated PRL and Network Settings from the dialer preferences menu, and it made a huge improvement.

xtn
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Mine seems slower. Much slower. Application loading times are longer, switching between apps is slower, and "snappier" it is not.
    I have a hard time getting excited about a software update that could be leauges better if they decided to accelerate the interface with the GPU. While the iphone OS is boring, that phone is smooth as glass. Honestly.. What the hell has palm been ding since the leak 1 month ago. To me.. It looks like trying to sell phones and taking a break on the software end.

I own three Pre's.. So don't gimme that Apple boy crap.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast