1.    #1  
    Is it possible? I'm in a school building that doesn't get EV service, only 1X
    You're gonna have to find a Wifi connection to update
  3.    #3  
    I have one, it's saying its unable to connect.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrucialTK View Post
    I have one, it's saying its unable to connect.
    Im unable to connect also. Seems everyones jumping on the update at the same time...lol
    Mine will not connect either. Tried WiFi and it won't work. Even though I'm in an urban area, I do not have EV service--as usual with the Pre. I would estimate that I have EV service about 15-20% of the time. I travel the entire country and am mostly in urban EV markets, but rarely get EV service. The Pre would be unusable without WiFi.
    Yeah I think everybody is trying to download at the same time...it took me awhile to get on to update...give it a lil time
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I updated my Pre via the wifi here at home. So, yes - its possible. Its also what your Pre will prefer to download it over.
  8.    #8  
    dammit, I want this update now. I'm an american, I'm self engrossed, I want my MTV (And such and so on....)

/not the most patient person
    I updated over the WiFi as well. While it may not make the difference, here is what I did:

1. Tapped the Update icon.
    2. Got the message that said Palm would download the update when my phone was idle.
    3. Turned on the WiFi and synced to a connection.
    4. Set the phone aside without leaving the Update page saying they would download when the phone was idle.
    5. Looked at the phone about 2 minutes later and it was downloading the update through the WiFi.

Took about 10 minutes to download and about 8 minutes to install and reboot.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Lots of ppl updating their Pre right now. Severs are likely a bit swamped.
    Yeah, WiFi has nothing to do with it (although when you can finally make a connection it will be quicker). Palm's servers are just bogged down from all the updating.

Hmmm...I wonder what this is going to be like after all of the Pre users in the UK, Germany and other overseas locations come online?!?!? Hopefully they add some more servers to the old load balancer before then!!!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rev View Post
    I updated over the WiFi as well. While it may not make the difference, here is what I did:

1. Tapped the Update icon.
    2. Got the message that said Palm would download the update when my phone was idle.
    3. Turned on the WiFi and synced to a connection.
    4. Set the phone aside without leaving the Update page saying they would download when the phone was idle.
    5. Looked at the phone about 2 minutes later and it was downloading the update through the WiFi.

Took about 10 minutes to download and about 8 minutes to install and reboot.
    My phone won't even connect to prompt me that it'll do it when idle, but thanks for the reminder on that. I won't be as frustrated when i see that screen

Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Lots of ppl updating their Pre right now. Severs are likely a bit swamped.
    Who are these damn people and why don't I see them at bars?! People with cool phones go to bars, its science!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    just connected, keep trying
  14.    #14  
    The Flying Spaghetti Monster is finally smiling upon me. After my last post, his noodly appendage touched my phone, and it's destroying my campus network with megabytes of Firmware-y goodness. Thanks to all who kept the thread upbeat and/or entertaining!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrucialTK View Post
    Thanks to all who kept the thread upbeat and/or entertaining!
    you did that on your own....lol.

ok, update done. install time.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I rebooted my pre with wifi on, then clicked update and it worked the first time. This isn't the first time I've done that either. It works for me every time the first time.
  17.    #17  
    60% of the time, it works every time.