Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Can someone please give me a alternative program? I want one that will allow you to make play-list like itunes did and will show up in the play-list in the pre
    Last edited by taylor09; 09/28/2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Double Twist
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Media Monkey >>>>>>>>>>>>>> iTunes
    I found this from another forum...LOVE IT!!! suits all my needs

J River Media Jukebox 12 Media Jukebox: Free J. River Media Jukebox software

- looks like iTunes but faster
    - sync in mediasync mode and saves/treats pre like iPod
    - Make playlist and smart playlist THAT SHOW UP ON PRE
    - brings over album art (doubletwist has problems with this)
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post

Does it bring over the album art intuitively or does it store the album art in your pictures folder on your Pre?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Does it bring over the album art intuitively or does it store the album art in your pictures folder on your Pre?
    i haven't tagged music with it yet..i still use media monkey for that. but i think jukebox says it tags music to the file. on my pre, i don't have any picture folders/files of my music.
    ***I Twitter***

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Is it any faster than iTunes or DoubleTwist? They are both so very slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Is it any faster than iTunes or DoubleTwist? They are both so very slow.
    much faster loading time.
    ***I Twitter***

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    much faster loading time.
    But is it faster synching to the Pre?
    But is it faster synching to the Pre?
    i didn't have to do a full sync bc my music was already there in sync mode. but syncing over one song took about....45 seconds maybe. i think 5 took like 1-2 minutes. i didn't really time it but i know it wasn't long like DT where you think the program is frozen.
    ***I Twitter***

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    i didn't have to do a full sync bc my music was already there in sync mode. but syncing over one song took about....45 seconds maybe. i think 5 took like 1-2 minutes. i didn't really time it but i know it wasn't long like DT where you think the program is frozen.
    So how do I change from DoubleTwist to J River Media Jukebox?
    Do I need to delete my music from the Pre or just start synching?
    So how do I change from DoubleTwist to J River Media Jukebox?
    Do I need to delete my music from the Pre or just start synching?
    leave your music in there as long as it is stored the way itunes stores it...(those funky folders)...it should recognize it. then in the options, under handhelds, you can ignore devices. bc it will want to sync with any usb card/source if you have any, ignore them....if there are two devices relating to the pre, u only want one....previously before 1.2 update, for me i only saw the ipod device but someone else reported seeing the ipod device and a pre (usb) in which case they had to ignore the pre(usb). but now after 1.2 update, jukebox recognized my device as a pre and acted as if it was the first time it synced with it. thus, i think palm changed how the device is recognized. but since all my music was there (mp3's stored in itunes folder) it didn't have to resync even tho it re-established a connection with my 1.2 pre. then, in options, handhelds, tell it if you want to sync all music or just playlists.
    ***I Twitter***

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Going to try this. Will it play ALL music file types? Thanks!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Going to try this. Will it play ALL music file types? Thanks!
    Also interested to know if it will play Protected (and Purchased) AAC files...
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I just deleted it. It only imported half my music. I can only assume it's cause some of it was Protected AAC files.

This is so frustrating! Why doesn't Palm just come out with a freaking media player for our comps if we can't use anything else.
    just got the J River Media Jukebox and it works great. getting all the music in there was pretty easy and it recognizes the Pre quickly as well as transfers to the Pre at a decent pace, album art included. And if you dont have the album art it will find it for you with the click of a button.

Thanks for the tip =D
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I would like to use another program and get away from iTunes. So I am writing down ALL the AAC / M4P music I have. What is the fastest way to convert this all to MP3's? I can do the CD-R thing, but that will take forever. And I don't wanna pay too much.

Thanks!
    I would like to use another program and get away from iTunes. So I am writing down ALL the AAC / M4P music I have. What is the fastest way to convert this all to MP3's? I can do the CD-R thing, but that will take forever. And I don't wanna pay too much.

Thanks!
    If you are talking about unlocking protected Itunes store files, I use SoundTaxi. not sure of the cost but I bought it a couple years ago and paid $9 I think. It works as advertised, nothing fancy, but it works.

(looks like it is $19 now)
    Soundtaxi - Convert DRM protected MP3 to MPEG4, convert DRM protected MP3 to WAV, convert iPod to WAV

Thanks!
    Hmm i didnt have to convert anything. But i believe you can xfer them over and then convert them all. not 100% sure though
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshk89 View Post
    Hmm i didnt have to convert anything. But i believe you can xfer them over and then convert them all. not 100% sure though
    What media player are you using? Cause the ones I've tried won't play my M4P's or AAC files.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast