Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    J River Media Jukebox
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    If you are talking about unlocking protected Itunes store files, I use SoundTaxi. not sure of the cost but I bought it a couple years ago and paid $9 I think. It works as advertised, nothing fancy, but it works.

(looks like it is $19 now)
    Soundtaxi - Convert DRM protected MP3 to MPEG4, convert DRM protected MP3 to WAV, convert iPod to WAV
    I would have to get the $39.99 version cause I have some M4P files from stupid ****ing iTunes.

Thanks, though.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Anyone heard of this? Think it'll work for me (I have iTunes songs, remember).

Convert All Music: Copy All WMA, MP4, RealPlayer music to MP3, iPod and other MP3 players
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    I use mediamonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    I would have to get the $39.99 version cause I have some M4P files from stupid ****ing iTunes.

Thanks, though.
    Looks like the Pro version for M4P is only $26.99...

Anyway, its a decent program.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm trying to just put the music files on a CD-R and do it that way.

I copied the files over to the CD-R, but when I open iTunes, it doesn't even recognize a CD in there. I'm am being ****ed.

Anyone? And does anyone that is tech savvy have IM?

Thanks, everyone!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Any suggestion on whats best for doing VIDEO to the Pre? Any happen to have any kind of auto-convertion ability to shrink down the file and resolution to something useful for the Pre?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I got it!
    I need a good one for the Mac. I tried Double Twist but it seems to randomly bring artwork over.

I'd like it to handle music well, bring artwork over, and copy images from the phone. Anyone able to point me to the correct software?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    What are the PROS/CONS of MediaMonkey vs MediaJukebox?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Mediamonkey doesn't recognize the Pre as an Ipod but a USB drive. Playlist don't work and album art only work if you manually embed them. Mediajukebox handles the Pre as an Ipod so everything works.
    Hmm, so does MediaJukebox store the music in that cryptic format on the Pre? Or in normal folders by artist and then song?
    Does MJ recognize/play/transfer protected AAC files?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I tried J River Media Jukebox based on reading this thread. The experience was good and I was abke to sync, get playlists working and the like. Haven't tried with 1.2 yet though. One tip. I needed to have the device plugged in and in music sync mode before loading the app to get things to work.

I also use J River and the program is really good and handles album art without any issues. It reads folder.jpg album art unlike Itunes and transfers to the Pre using the Ipod database. Pictures do not show up in your picture folder.
    I'm pretty sure you are the one who recommended Media Jukebox to me on a different forum so I want to give props/mention to you here! Thanks again, lovin this program.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    It is better to use the initialize ipod function that will delete all the music and clear the database so you don't have any problems. Ipods have this strange database system.

I also use J River and the program is really good and handles album art without any issues. It reads folder.jpg album art unlike Itunes and transfers to the Pre using the Ipod database. Pictures do not show up in your picture folder.
    Is the initialize ipod function in J River Media Jukebox?

Does J River Media Jukebox bring over play lists?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12