Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The Good News:
    Media Player now remembers your location in podcasts!

The Bad News:
    iTunes 9 Broke iTunes sync so now getting Podcasts isn't as easy as it used to be

Yes, I know. Everyone here is too smart/too good for iTunes. But that doesn't stop iTunes from being the worlds most popular Podcast aggregator. So while it's incredibly awesome that Podcasts are now recognized and you can continue from where you left off, it sucks that iTunes support is still broken and some of us have already moved back to iPods/iPhones for our podcast/audiobook playing needs. I'm still rooting for Palm to keep playing chess with Apple on this one because I want my Pre to be my EVERYTHING device.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    The Bad News:
    Still no dragable seekbar.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    The Good News:

Dr. Podder will not only play your podcasts, and drag the slider. It will download them for you so you dont even have to mess with itunes.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Deleted double post
    I had 3 issues with the app in 1.1:

1. Resume playback - fixed
    2. Scrolling performance when loading album artwork?
    3. When switching to the Music app, or unlocking the screen, the dashboard controls were present, and then disappeared, which moved the controls from under my finger and led to mistakenly tapping different tracks. Hopefully this got sorted?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by ccureton View Post
    The Good News:

Dr. Podder will not only play your podcasts, and drag the slider. It will download them for you so you dont even have to mess with itunes.
    Totally agree. I use DrPodder all the time!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    But i can't try something unfamiliar like DrPodder . its to easy, works to well , and it's only for really smart hacker people. Next someone will suggest media monkey instead of Itunes crazy talk. I'm still rooting for apple to make a device half as good as the Pre . Maybe pretty soon apple will allow you to run more than one app at a time. good luck apple.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    what about location in audiobooks?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    what about location in audiobooks?
    its working for me!!!
    Doesn't work for me. My audio files are tagged as Books, and apparently Palm didn't include those.

But I'm also unable to save locations in podcasts, so I think it's a mess.
    DrPodder is the only way to go! It's fantastic! Makes iTunes seem silly!

And that is the truth, not my opinion!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

If you want to run iTunes rather than b i t ch about the Pre, can't you just run a compatible version of iTunes.
    How did you get this to work? I managed a couple times, at other times coming back to the track is simply won't play or just start from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    How did you get this to work? I managed a couple times, at other times coming back to the track is simply won't play or just start from the beginning.
    If you check the Palm changelog, it's only for certain genre tags.

This applies to audio files for which the Genre field is defined as podcast, speech, spoken word, netcast, or audiobook only.
    Yeah, I realized that. They include "Audiobook" but exclude "Book" for some reason. Both are standard tags in iTunes.

So I re-tagged all the files as Audiobooks, and have had some success but it's flaky. Sometimes I come back to the track and it won't play at all. Other times it works.

And, I'm not sure if it's new, but Music app doesn't group chapters by book, just one mixed list of everything sorted alphabetically.
    On the performance issue, scrolling is improved while loading album artwork.

On the issue of audio dashboard disappearing and main controls slipping down, this hasn't changed but it's improved. Previously, if you tapped the play/pause button, the tap registered only after the controls moved down, so it ended up skipping to another track while in list view. Now the tap registered immediately so it's less likely to accidentally skip a track.

It still chops off the last few seconds of a long track if fast forward is used. The timeline loses sync with the actual audio. But hopefully with remembering the location fast forward won't be necessary.

Another thing that wasn't fixed: long track names are truncated instead of wrapping to next line. There's plenty of space to show the full name, especially in album view.
    Added a patch to support resume play for the "Books" and "Books & Spoken" genres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The Good News:
    Media Player now remembers your location in podcasts!

The Bad News:
    iTunes 9 Broke iTunes sync so now getting Podcasts isn't as easy as it used to be

Yes, I know. Everyone here is too smart/too good for iTunes. But that doesn't stop iTunes from being the worlds most popular Podcast aggregator. So while it's incredibly awesome that Podcasts are now recognized and you can continue from where you left off, it sucks that iTunes support is still broken and some of us have already moved back to iPods/iPhones for our podcast/audiobook playing needs. I'm still rooting for Palm to keep playing chess with Apple on this one because I want my Pre to be my EVERYTHING device.
    Why update itunes? Just use an older version. I doubt their updates really do much anyways cept break compatibility with Palm.. Lol
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Maybe a silly question (?) but how do I get my iTunes podcasts to go to drPodder?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Ok, never mind, I think I answered my own "dumb" question LOL!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast