Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Decided that since I had an OLD batch of tweaks (manual) *and* some new ones, that I'd be better off using WebOS Doctor and wiping.

Now, I don't use Facebook or Google or EAS for contacts. I've ALWAYS saved them to my Palm profile.

I pulled off my pics, turned the phone off, re-flashed, rebooted, connected to my profile, it restored everything and rebooted.

No contacts.

This is not good. :/

I might go back to 1.1.0 and see if they'll restore then...

*a big sigh here*
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I didn't think contacts were backed up with the palm profile, if they are, its news to me.
    My Life with the Pre. http://theprelife.com
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Calendar stuff is gone, too. **argh**
    Last edited by rposa; 09/28/2009 at 05:23 PM.
    "We here at PreCentral know that a good many of you have applied all manner of tweaks to your phones to boost the functionality of the Pre. We donít blame you. We know Palmís been listening: webOS 1.2 is right around the corner. Right now we donít know for certain how all of those hacks and tweaks will work with the update, so to remove any chance of confusion we have to unequivocally recommend that you remove all tweaks before applying any update to webOS. When we say all, we mean all, no matter how innocuous you may think the tweak to be. We are doing the same - we donít want to risk a bricked Pre any more than you do."
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    What in the heck are you talking about. My phone was at 1.1.0, and I installed 1.2.0 that I downloaded from PALM that is released TODAY.

I'm not an ***** -- I'm merely reporting an issue I ran into - so others will not.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    *double post - maybe i am an ******
    I believe I'm managed to backup contacts to the palm profile, I thought that is how it operated, but I'm not sure of course.

There are a couple things to check though:
    Are you sure you've used the same Palm Profile account and haven't somehow created a second?
    Have you tried setting the palm profile to the default profile in the preferences of the contacts app and clicking sync?

I don't think reverting to 1.1 will do any good, I'm sure palm didn't let something like that through QA unless it was designed to do that, in which case you're out of luck.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Are you sure you've used the same Palm Profile account and haven't somehow created a second?
    Have you tried setting the palm profile to the default profile in the presences of the contacts app and clicking sync?

I don't think reverting to 1.1 will do any good, I'm sure palm didn't let something like that through QA unless it was designed to do that, in which case you're out of luck.
    Yes
    Yes
    Trying now... hoping for a data incompatibility...

----------------- edit (Logged in @ palm and checked..)

Profile Details

Name: Rob *** Change
    Email: rob@******.com Change
    Password: ********Change
    Language: English
    Profile Status: Email Verified
    Security Question: ******************? Change

Device Details

Phone Number Model Device ID Primary
    913******* Pre MEID:************** Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    *double post - maybe i am an ******
    Did the same thing to me and I'm 100% I only clicked once...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Did the same thing to me and I'm 100% I only clicked once...
    *whew* I'm glad!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    1.1.0 installed and "No Data was found to restore to your phone."

Back to 1.2.0.

On the outside of this, though, I'll bet that I have some kind of working backup figured out between now and the next time I have to **** with this.......

Thanks for that non-functional backup, Palm. I appreciate rebuilding my contacts over and over.
    Last edited by rposa; 09/28/2009 at 06:05 PM.
  12. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Decided that since I had an OLD batch of tweaks (manual) *and* some new ones, that I'd be better off using WebOS Doctor and wiping.

Now, I don't use Facebook or Google or EAS for contacts. I've ALWAYS saved them to my Palm profile.

I pulled off my pics, turned the phone off, re-flashed, rebooted, connected to my profile, it restored everything and rebooted.

No contacts.

This is not good. :/

I might go back to 1.1.0 and see if they'll restore then...

*a big sigh here*
    I had the same thing happen to me.........a month ago. Palm STILL hasn't tried to recover it for me. They are supposed to contact me this week though. I could go into an explanation of why it happened, but I'm too lazy. Just know it has nothing to do with 1.2, just a bug that happens sometimes when restoring from your profile.

I feel your pain though :/
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Well, Doctored back to 1.2.0, and this time it has data that it's restoring. Or so it says, the progress bar is about 1/2. Let's see if they come back..

(edit) ...

And now they're back. *whew*
    All you had to do was turn it off and then take the battery out and put it back in.

This happen to my father's Pre 3 times and this worked every time.