1.    #1  
    So I found it a little odd that the interactive screen tests in 1.2 now feature a fade in the color tests, at the bottom of the screen.

As I posted in the official 1.2.1 updates thread, I a wondering if palm has done this to fix the issue some (including myself) had experienced with blotchy patches at the bottom of there release pre's screen, when displaying some colors.

for me it was very apparent during green screens, and the fact that it showed up so distinctly was what convinced the sprint tech to swap me out for a new one. seeing it on the screen test app was, actually, the thing that pushed me to return to sprint in the first place. I figured that if it wasn't supposed to happen, than it wouldn't clearly show up in the included tests.

but now, i don't know if i would have reported back to sprint at all.

anyway, I am wondering if this is a quick software fix for what was (since build quality has increased) a hardware problem, and so that refurbs or something else, don't get returned as often.

does anyone have any ideas on why else you would change this? cosmetics? seems odd on a screen test app.

There are four lights.
    I smell a conspiracy!

Nice catch.
    I am same issue
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Woah.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    i think its pretty funny. and lame on sprints part to try to cover it up like that. thats exactly why they did it, i would not doubt it for a second.

id like to kick whoever did that.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    i think its pretty funny. and lame on sprints part to try to cover it up like that. thats exactly why they did it, i would not doubt it for a second.

well It could be coincidence, I'm not sure if i remember a skip button too. so perhaps, they updated to allow the skip button and put that white fade there as part of it, not really thinking.

its kind of funny though.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post

Let the Conspiracy theorys begin.

BTW Sprint has nothing to do with it, Its palm!

All Sprint does is provide access to the network. The functions and drawbacks to the hardware are Exclusive to Palm
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    How do you access the Screen Test functionality? Is that via a homebrew app?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    How do you access the Screen Test functionality? Is that via a homebrew app?
    go to app launcher-->device info-->more info-->preferences (drop down menu)-->interactive tests-->select screen test

cheers
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Let the Conspiracy theorys begin.

BTW Sprint has nothing to do with it, Its palm!

All Sprint does is provide access to the network. The functions and drawbacks to the hardware are Exclusive to Palm
    true, was quick to jump on that one, so, scratch sprint from that and replace with palm.

i personally have a lot of light leakage down there and its pretty blotchy.. didnt do the upgrade yet but im sure having that fade will make it lot less noticable.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Apparently we've underestimated Palm's sneakiness.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    This is pretty lame on Palm's part. I may be switching out my phone because of reboot issues and now it will be much more difficult to test the screen at the store. My current Pre already has an issue with huge light bleeding on the bottom left that I have lived with.