Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Im curious if this is different than the leaked version we'd been running..
  2.    #22  
    Hm, my UpdateDaemon seems to have nuked itself... Did the chmod +x UpdateDaemon before checking for the upgrade earlier, and it worked once, but I had to kill it because of my WiFi issue, and now it won't work, and I've tried manually running it from the shell, and it just errors out. Think I'm gonna restore the file via WebOS Quick Installer, hope it works...
  3.    #23  
    I also downloaded the WebOS Doctor, and it now has a build date of 9/14/09.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Im curious if this is different than the leaked version we'd been running..
    It's a newer build date.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    keep getting "try again later" message when i attempt to download the update. they must be getting hammered. I have a great wifi connection, so that can't be the issue.
    Anyone with Roberto Clemente as their avatar should be allowed to jump to the front of the line! (MayIbe this is a blessing in disguise for you as others will run into any potential issues before you do.)

I'm installing over 1.1.0 so my next comment does not apply to this thread (but I'm on the "do not remove the battery screen, maybe about 80 percent on the progress bar)
    Last edited by sudoer; 09/28/2009 at 03:59 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Anyone with Roberto Clemente as their avatar should be allowed to jump to the front of the line! (MayIbe this is a blessing in disguise for you as others will run into any potential issues before you do.)

I'm installing over 1.1.0 so my next comment does not apply to this thread (but I'm on the "do not remove the battery screen, maybe about 80 percent on the progress bar)
    Thanks for the good karma note on Roberto. It seems to have done the trick. I'm now downloaded and installing. Can't wait!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I had used the Doctor to install the leaked 1.2, then shut off UpdateDaemon to prevent getting forced to downgrade. Today I ran the updater application, and it kept saying "trying to connect" for hours. So I restored UpdateDaemon and restarted. Immediately upon starting I was given the opportunity to upgrade (it's still running).

Not sure if that means that you must restart UpdateDaemon if you had shut it off, but if you can't seem to get the upgrade, it can't hurt.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12