Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There's no mention of it in the release notes...can someone who already has iTunes 9.0.1 and an updated Pre with 1.2 please verify!??!
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    People are still downloading....give it like ten minutes and you will get your answer.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Nope. Doesn't work for me.
  4.    #4  
    Wow! I guess Palm has thrown in the towel. SUCKS. I'm guessing it still works with iTunes 8.2?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    i heared earlier this morning that itunes came out with update 9.1. i'm guessing tht's why it is not working.....palm needs to give up these childish games of hide and seek with apple over synching with itunes.There are a load of other "better" music applications that palm can incooperate with.
    Not 9.1... 9.0.1

And 9.0.1 came out last week.

I agree though. Palm needs to give up on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    i heared earlier this morning that itunes came out with update 9.1. i'm guessing tht's why it is not working.....palm needs to give up these childish games of hide and seek with apple over synching with itunes.There are a load of other "better" music applications that palm can incooperate with.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Apple just had an update of my Itunes, it is now... 9.0.1.8
    itunes 9.0.1.8 update was last week
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    And the race begins
    While it does not really matter to me since I dont use itunes for anything, it does get palms name out there everytime there is a patch to the Pre OR ITunes since the media likes to bring the story up.

Publicity is publicity. Though they could NOT update it and then theres still be the story that it wasnt updated. So at this point its news either way.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Just use the previous versions..

What version[s] work ?

Here's a link to the older versions..

All Versions of iTunes

I just got the Pre today and it's updating to 1.2 right now.. So, I don't know what version, if any, of iTunes will work ..

Please post!!

Thanks!
    Last edited by M5Rahul; 09/28/2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Link Fixed!
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    8.2 back to 7 will work.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    8.2 back to 7 will work.
    So, 8.2.1 does NOT work ?
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    Sorry. 8.2.1 works. I am using 8.2.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Apple kills me with its inconsistent behavior.

FIRST and foremost, Apple is a software company, NOT a hardware company. I do not understand how they have come so far to put iTunes on the PC to virtually force people to erase it completely. They had a new market (Pre) that they would be able to exploit and profit from with little or no maintenance to themselves. They were going to profit from music and video sales without any additional cost for hardware. Who is the major ******* running apple now.

With Windows 7 coming out, and its improved media manager, look for Microsoft to take up the slack on this one.

You hear that Bill, Steve F#&$%@ up. Here is your window of opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by faculak99 View Post
    FIRST and foremost, Apple is a software company, NOT a hardware company.
    Now there's an interesting statement. I think the MacBook, iMac, iPod, and iPhone product lines might possibly disagree.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Palm Pre users keep in mind there are better solutions than iTunes. Palm Pre is a connected device where the iphone is unable to grasp the concept. Look at applications like mycast.org.com. iTunes will have a history like AOL.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Jb, Apple has always been a software company. It was even Job's quote when he first introduced OSX. The ipod and all of its byproducts were just as much a surprise success to Apple, as it was to the other tech companies that dropped the ball on it. Apple monopolized its software by switching chips (powerPC) before Microsoft even thought about it. Apple was known for its OS's graphic UI and intuitive 16bit architecture that was way ahead of its curve. I remember doing graphics on a gs.

As for the history lesson, it has been Apple's goal to bite into the PC market. Its worse loss was the education market and the government dollars that accompanied it. It even severed some ties with Adobe with its new Aperture, and the Final Cut Series.

Back to my point - the huge marketing tool about the ipod and iTunes is the amount of downloads they have to date. It is the starting montage to every years keynote from Apple.

With that said, it is obvious this is a personal grudge or perhaps a big brother mad at little brother stretching his legs. Either way, I blame Apple, as they have the power to repair the relationship. Tough for me to be too mad, as most of my work with graphics involves my beautiful Powermac G5. By the way, Apple is screwing me there as well, as they will no longer be making an OS for the power PC chipset.
    I use MediaMonkey, which I think is better than iTunes.
    @faculak99 No question they are a software company as well. I guess you can say that they only produce hardware for software sake if you want. But they've always produced hardware and software. I remember using Apple IIe's and the original Macintosh.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast