Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Dont forget to uninstall ur tweaks and patches before update!!

    Enjoy it!!
  2. #2  
    2.1? OMG! what happend to 1.2?
  3. #3  
    1.2 is out, I am downloading !!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    2.1? Omg! What happend to 1.2?

    lol sorry for the mistake ... Is the adrenaline ma bad!
  5. #5  
    Very dumb question here but what is a patch versus a tweak? I turned my text forwarding on so I know that's a tweak but what's a patch? Is it the virtual keyboard or anything that require rooting?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    very dumb question here but what is a patch versus a tweak? I turned my text forwarding on so i know that's a tweak but what's a patch? Is it the virtual keyboard or anything that require rooting?
    the vk is usually called a patch and the tweaks are patches too but installed by web os quick install! The most common name is tweaks!
  7. tlaz's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #7  
    this is the slowest update download ever! plz hurry!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    the vk is usually called a patch and the tweaks are patches too but installed by web os quick install! The most common name is tweaks!
    Ok...phew! I started to freak out for a minute there cause I'm already downloading the update and I've cleared my tweaks but wasn't sure what patches were exactly.

    Ha! Seems like everyone and their grandmom is trying to update. The servers are really slow in downloading. When I downloaded the 1.1 last time it took all of 15 minutes and it was 90mb. I'm sure it'll take longer now with more Pre owners.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    this is the slowest update download ever! Plz hurry!
    be patient... The good things come slow lol!
  10. vangogh35's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #10  
    enjoy it b
  11. #11  
    i have hacks + tweaks..

    currently have tethering and homebrew program.. if i turn off my developer mode.. would this be sufficient?
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326 View Post
    i have hacks + tweaks..

    currently have tethering and homebrew program.. if i turn off my developer mode.. would this be sufficient?
    dont worry about my tether is an app more as same homebrew apps just install the new update 1.2 is gn be fine ...and about the dev mode u should keep turn off all the time for secure reasons.
    just install the new update 1.2... but in case if u have virtual keyboard and tweaks u need to uninstall em!
    enjoy it!
  13. #13  
    Guy, I know I need to turn off the tweaks, but I also have the patch of virtual Keyboard, for some reason I am trying to removed it, but when I do it it gives me an error that can not delete the patch. and the virtual keyboard doesn't even work but the error is " No md5sums.patched file!?" please help, I want to download the new update already!!!!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ymurcia View Post
    Guy, I know I need to turn off the tweaks, but I also have the patch of virtual Keyboard, for some reason I am trying to removed it, but when I do it it gives me an error that can not delete the patch. and the virtual keyboard doesn't even work but the error is " No md5sums.patched file!?" please help, I want to download the new update already!!!!

    crap totally forgot about the VK..
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
  15. wodin's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #15  
    My WebOS Quick Install belw up, and I can't take my tweaks out. What are the ramifications of updating with Tweaks installed?

    Call the Doctor?
  16. #16  
    now what happens if i dont' uninstall VK and do an update..
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326 View Post
    now what happens if i dont' uninstall VK and do an update..
    the vk could end with the life of your pre ... u need to make sure is uninstalled.. be carefull
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    My WebOS Quick Install belw up, and I can't take my tweaks out. What are the ramifications of updating with Tweaks installed?

    Call the Doctor?
    u can use http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html this program replace the files u have changed!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ymurcia View Post
    Guy, I know I need to turn off the tweaks, but I also have the patch of virtual Keyboard, for some reason I am trying to removed it, but when I do it it gives me an error that can not delete the patch. and the virtual keyboard doesn't even work but the error is " No md5sums.patched file!?" please help, I want to download the new update already!!!!
    where from u installed vk ? from preware or webos quick install?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    where from u installed vk ? from preware or webos quick install?
    from the preware, since I couldn't removed I ran the web os doctor, but it was in the middle of doing it when it gave me an error messege, so nothing happened then I removed the battery, then I turned on, and it turned on to the sky screen saying phone error!!! does that mean the phone is dead?

Posting Permissions