1.    #1  
    As the title says my launch day Pre thinks that the head phones are always plugged in. I've tried resetting the phone as well as plugging in the head phones and unplugging them, but neither have solved my problem.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    yep..was posted here before..and I have had it happen a couple of time..it may sound weird...but turn in earphone jack toward the ground and blow it it he hole...worked for me...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel28 View Post
    yep..was posted here before..and I have had it happen a couple of time..it may sound weird...but turn in earphone jack toward the ground and blow it it he hole...worked for me...
    Thanks. I did a search, but nothing came back. I'll give your suggestion a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPreKindaSucks View Post
    Thanks. I did a search, but nothing came back. I'll give your suggestion a try.

Same thing used to happen to my iphone years ago..used to have to jab the headphone cable in and out a few times to get it to recognize appropriately..finally got mad and threw it across the driveway and went to g1...6 months later I'm off to the palm pre WebOS world.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    dude u need to have ur headphones plugged in, open the music player, play some music, then close it, and a few seconds later remove the headphones. if it doesnt work try the same but with pandora.

i did this and after using this method to fix this issue like 3-4 times it just stopped being resolved by this. so then i took it to a sprint store and they checked it out and gave me a refurbed pre. so i figure u will ultimately have to do that. or u can just save urself the hassle and devastating inability to use the phone when u need it and do it now.

gl.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel28 View Post
    This worked! Thanks.
    There's a little sensor inside the jack (similar to the sensor inside a lot of devices, like the one that detects whether it's optical or analog on a MacBook), sometimes the sensor gets stuck. This happened to a MacBook Pro I had once and I fixed it by putting in a longer jack of the same width and it tripped the switch. Not sure how helpful this will be with anyone who has this problem on the Pre but it might help.
    I had this happen and just gently rammed the hole with the plug a few times. Good as new.
    this happens mostly when you either get dust inside the jack or when you unplug the headphones with out first turning off the music , then the occasional screwed up craftsmanship lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->