1.    #1  
    If I'm not mistaken you can press the orange button and then the app (in the launcher) to delete an app, including homebrew.

But, what about updating to newer versions of a homebrew app? How would I go about that?
    When installing through Preware or WebOs quick install, the old app will be overwritten if there is an update option. This also works in Filecoaster.
  3.    #3  
    Gotcha. So then I need to periodically go into Filecoaster and check the apps I have installed on my phone to see if there are updated versions? Sorry, just learning about the homebrew stuff and a forum search was negligible.

Thanks Petey.
    Right. Updates will have a red update flag. Ask any questions you want.
  5.    #5  
    Great, thanks.

I figured that the Pre's Update button in the launcher didn't look at homebrew.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    Gotcha. So then I need to periodically go into Filecoaster and check the apps I have installed on my phone to see if there are updated versions? Sorry, just learning about the homebrew stuff and a forum search was negligible.

Thanks Petey.
    Or install Preware or PreUpdate. Run either app and it will tell you what needs to be updated. That way you don't have to look at each of your apps in Filecoaster to see if they are updated.
  7.    #7  
    After reading the Preware sticky, it would seem as though I can remove Filecoaster and go with Preware only. Is that correct?

Does Preware need to be uninstalled before updating to 1.2.1 or is it simply considered an app and only the tweaks you employ through Preware need to be uninstalled?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    After reading the Preware sticky, it would seem as though I can remove Filecoaster and go with Preware only. Is that correct?

Does Preware need to be uninstalled before updating to 1.2.1 or is it simply considered an app and only the tweaks you employ through Preware need to be uninstalled?
    Filecoaster is ok for installing, but for advanced stuff like themeing, Preware is what you want.

You do not have to delete apps before updating to 1.2.1. Just tweaks/themes. Anything that changes the operating system in any way needs to be undone before updating your Pre.
  9.    #9  
    Noted.

Thanks to both of you for the clarification/assistance.