1.    #1  
    I synched up a few playlists from iTunes this weekend and noticed that it skips a number of songs that are in the playlist. My guess is that these are locked MP3s from the iTunes store?

I know that I will go in at some point and use SoundTaxi to unlock all of them but its a daunting task.
    I think that's what it is. I have the same problem & realized it was the songs I downloaded off Itunes. The songs I downloaded directly to my Touch & transferred to Itunes play fine, but the ones I downloaded on my home computer won't play. I haven't had the patience to convert them yet.
    Songs with DRM content will not transfer over, so that is not why you cannot play them. By any chance, are you using a player other than the stock Pre player?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Songs with DRM content will not transfer over, so that is not why you cannot play them. By any chance, are you using a player other than the stock Pre player?
    Nope, stock player...
    I had the same issue with songs I pulled from my own CD's. I had to delete my library and remove the Itunes folder from my Pre to get it to work again. Something else is going on here.
  6.    #6  
    I had the same issue with songs I pulled from my own CD's. I had to delete my library and remove the Itunes folder from my Pre to get it to work again. Something else is going on here.
    This morning I just plugged in the phone, went into Itunes and synced a handful of playlists and its the first time I've put any music on it.

I will try to do a more controlled experiment tonight. I will remove the iTunes folder from the Pre and start with some older playlists then make some new ones with DRM content and nonDRM on the same list.
    Also, you might try simply dragging and dropping the music to your phone. It may be a undocumented Itunes error.
  8.    #8  
    Well so far my initial look is that it appears to be a completely random problem. I have whole purchased albums - still marked "Purchased AAC Audio File" - that play just fine. And I have playlists where SOME drm files will play - but it will skip over others. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to why.

I have a couple of playlists that are half and half - locked and unlocked. If I use just the FF button, it will randomly skip some locked files and not others. Some will play - some will not.

I have not erased the itunes folder on the Pre and started over yet, thats the next step.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    Well so far my initial look is that it appears to be a completely random problem. I have whole purchased albums - still marked "Purchased AAC Audio File" - that play just fine. And I have playlists where SOME drm files will play - but it will skip over others. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to why.

I have a couple of playlists that are half and half - locked and unlocked. If I use just the FF button, it will randomly skip some locked files and not others. Some will play - some will not.

I have not erased the itunes folder on the Pre and started over yet, thats the next step.
    Try the drag and drop method as well. See if you have any issues with that.
  10.    #10  
    Try the drag and drop method as well. See if you have any issues with that.
    Nope, I've answered my own question. Purchased AAC files will play whereas Protected ones will not. I am guessing Itunes made a change at some point to their music store? This is my fault for not seeing the difference - I did not use to use the Itunes store that much. But in looking at the purchased dates there is no clear delination as to when this happened as they are scattered all over the place timewise.

Still frustrating that all the Protected ones I will apparently have to go back and convert...