Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    All of my other phones had the ability to cancel a text if you accidentally sent it. On the Pre, the 'enter' key is really close to the 'backspace' key. I have, in the past, sent an unfinished text or sent a text and then realized I didn't want to send that text.

    What I tried those times was to quickly swipe the text and delete it before the faded text turned into bold signifying that it was sent. This unfortunately didn't prevent the text from sending. I can't find any way to cancel a sent text.

    Any ideas?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  2. #2  
    Texts are not by protocol "cancel-able"

    They are basically emails sent to a server which sends them to a carrier's client's phone.

    I would imagine the only way this would be done is to have a delay from the sending of the text, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, maybe a minute....

    Though being a little more careful would probably solve your problem
  3. #3  
    Yeah I've never heard of a phone that cancels a text message once it's BEEN SENT. If there are phones that do that then that's new to me.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    All of my other phones had the ability to cancel a text if you accidentally sent it. On the Pre, the 'enter' key is really close to the 'backspace' key. I have, in the past, sent an unfinished text or sent a text and then realized I didn't want to send that text.

    What I tried those times was to quickly swipe the text and delete it before the faded text turned into bold signifying that it was sent. This unfortunately didn't prevent the text from sending. I can't find any way to cancel a sent text.

    Any ideas?

    Use the enter-newline patch for the messaging app so that enter doesn't submit and simply enters a newline. Then the only way you'll send your SMS is when you tap the send button on the screen.
  5. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #5  
    Decided against breaking up with her, huh?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Decided against breaking up with her, huh?
    Or, decided against NOT breaking up with her...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7.    #7  
    Let me clarify what I meant by cancelling a sent text. I meant that immediately after the send button was pressed, I would tap the end button (this was on my old phone. They were both samsung flip phones)

    What would happen then was the text was cancelled. I only had approx a 1 to 2 second window.
  8. Farowyn68's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Use the enter-newline patch for the messaging app so that enter doesn't submit and simply enters a newline. Then the only way you'll send your SMS is when you tap the send button on the screen.
    Where is this mythical beast? Is it a tweak/homebrew?

    Thanks
  9. #9  
    I used to have a phone that would cancel the text as well (which was surprising to me then and now).

    I too have had the problem of accidentally sending a message by hitting the enter/return button.
  10. 1Reaper's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Farowyn68 View Post
    Where is this mythical beast? Is it a tweak/homebrew?

    Thanks
    Second!

Posting Permissions