1.    #1  
    I was at the mall with a friend and nearby was the ATT store. We decided to stop by and check out the 3GS. I used to own the 3G, which I liked (minus the dropped calls and not so reliable 3G network).

For a minute I thought, maybe I should look into getting one again.

I started playing with the interface and I found myself wanting to use gestures. It really feels awkward not having the gestures.

I asked the rep if iPhone now supported multiple Exchange accounts and Google Sync and he said, only 1 Exchange account is supported. Second, in order to use Google Sync, you need to set it up as an Exchange account.

That was definitely a deal killer for me. I use my Exchange account from work, I have a personal exchange account plus I have full Google integration on my Pre already. Yes, I could set them up as IMAP but that's not the point, the Pre can already handle this with full calendar, contact and e-mail sync.

I decided to stay with the Pre and just wait for updates to provide additional features (video recording), message forwarding.....new apps and I'm good to go.

I'm a cell phone junkie and I always find myself wondering which phone I should be using. I think I need to join a 12-step program for phone addicts, maybe we should start a support group on this forum!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
    The iPhone/iTouch is a great device. It's fun for games, has tons of great apps, and is probably the best media player out there. And of Course Safari is great.
    BUT!
    It sucks as a phone, and it's not a good e-mail platform, PERIOD.
    At least for me, the iPhone/Touch is a GREAT toy! But at this point the only device of mine it might replace if I buy one, is my PSP.
    Yeah, I wandered by an Apple store the other day and couldn't resist giving the iPhone a try. I will say that the response is very impressive ... way faster than the Pre. And, of course they do have all of those apps.

But it didn't take long for me to get bored with the UI and the lack of multi-tasking. iPhone is basically menu, launch app, back to menu. WebOS is way "smarter" than an iPhone IMHO, and in that sense more "fun" to me.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by smnc View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
    The iPhone/iTouch is a great device. It's fun for games, has tons of great apps, and is probably the best media player out there. And of Course Safari is great.
    BUT!
    It sucks as a phone, and it's not a good e-mail platform, PERIOD.
    At least for me, the iPhone/Touch is a GREAT toy! But at this point the only device of mine it might replace if I buy one, is my PSP.
    I totally agree with you. The iPhone is definitely a good media player. I already have an iPod which I only tend to use when I go to the gym or happen to be waiting at the airport for extended periods of time.

I find myself using the Pre for e-mail, browsing, Facebook - which the Pre does quite well. It would be hard for me to justify making the switch to any other device.

Sometimes I get caught up in all the hype, then I come back to reality and appreciate the great device the Palm Pre truly is.
    I have 2 iPhone 3G's and 4 Pres in my house. The iPhones are nice, but other than a little game envy, no one with a Pre is wishing they had an iPhone. Our two iPhone users sure look longingly at our keyboard though, and are definitely jealous of the multitasking and MMS.