Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    The keyboard on my pre stopped functioning on Thursday, Sprint will have a new one available for me tonight. I decided to pull off my invisible shield and see just how badly my screen would be damaged in regular use and with some small abuse.

I was shocked at how easy it is to scratch this thing compared to a glass screen. I tried keys in pocket and the lines were visible with only a minute or so walking. Dropped from just 4 inches screen down on pavement it had a cluster of permanent marks.

The screen is only slightly more scratch resistant than hard wax. I'm glad I kept it wrapped in an invisible shield.
  2. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I haven't had that problem, although scratches do happen. When they do I use Mothers Plastic Polish.

jmf
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    I haven't had that problem, although scratches do happen. When they do I use Mothers Plastic Polish.

jmf
    How weel does that stuff work? If it works good then you need to start your own thread and let people know how good it works or maybe find someone that has better fix or whatever.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post

jmf
    Does that stuff really work? I scratch my screen awhile back but I am afraid to use any sort of polish on it. I don't want to rub away any coating or anything that is on the screen. Has anyone else tried this?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    For what it's worth I have had my Pre for over a month and I have no screen protectors or case or anything else for it and it's still perfect. If i'm going somewhere that I am concerned about it getting damaged i'll slide it in the pouch that came with it but other than that I don't use anything. So far there is not a scratch on it and when I wipe off all the fingerprints it looks just like the day I took it out of the box. The screen might scratch easily when abused but if it is taken care of it's not an issue.
    I have one of the Seidio stick-on shields on my Pre and it's effective at keeping my screen from getting scratched up. I tried the Invisible Shield and had some major streak problems (had it installed at the Zagg kiosk) and wound up taking it off.

The Pre is definitely in need of screen protection, that I will surely not argue.
  7. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Phantom Skinz....your screens best friend.
    I had a zagg shield installed on my first pre, traded that phone in for a new one due to the infamous oreo-effect, was still waiting on my replacement shield from zagg, and dropped my phone on the cement. OF COURSE it landed face down and now the screen has some nice divots from the cement.

I'm doubting the screen polish will do much to help, but is there anything else you can do??? I did put the old sorta stretched out IS back on until the new one comes, and where the divots are you can really really see then. With the screen turned on though it's not so bad.
    No one? Has anyone else tried Mother's Plastic Polish on their Pre?
    I'd rather buy a phantom skin again then buy polish and try to wax it.