View Poll Results: Have you needed to exchange your Pre due to a failed or defective power button?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

19 24.05%
  • Nope

60 75.95%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Just a sidenote- He "fixed"mine yestaerday and now every few minutes, it keeps lighting up and asking if I want to power off, airplane mode or cancel. That's gonna be a big help to battery drain I have no doubts. I am so glad they are sending another one.
    No problems here with mine.
    actually on dec 23rd while doing some last minute christmas shopping, i pulled my pre out of my pocket and went to press the power button.....and to my dismay it wouldnt press. it was stuck "down". dread went thru my head as did the thought that this christmas would be ruined. HOWEVER! 2 min later after starting to be sad i pulled the pre out again and thought id press the button again....and idk if santa was being nice and sent christmas cheer or what....but the button unstuck itself. i havent had a problem since. (man time flies. one min you hear about the pre in all its glory. then here goes a year of waiting and dealing with laggyness and flaws....now we hae GPU comin out...crazy)

but yes no more problems
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    my 4th pre suffered from a bad power button. #5 is a OK so far
    I didn't have any issues with my power button with the Pre I got in June. I traded that Pre for a Moment. I missed the Pre so I bought one on Craigslist. The power button on that one went out a month after I got it.
    Yup. My power button just started failing this week. I've had the phone for about 2 months. This is seriously annoying. I mean, if i have to shove paper into the phone to fix the power button after 2 months, how much tape am i going to need over the next 2 years..... FAIL
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    My release day Pre's button broke last week. Had it replaced and the refurb has the mushy spacebar issue along with uneven keyboard backlighting...

Guess you just have to live with the least of the worst?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Have never had a problem with my launch day Pre.
    Going to try to fix mine today.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    yea, mine did, launch day pre, the button failed in the beginning of january.
    i went more than six month till finally my powerbutton went out. i was surprise cause i've read so many stories of this and that. Plus i use the power button alot with some patches, and also tell time, dont carry a watch. other than that, no probb with it. had it replaced, new one's nice, snappier, happy with it.
    I could not tell because I am on my fifth Pre for different reasons but my wife's pre power button stopped working a week ago.
    I searched the forums for a fix and the paper fix worked like a charm. Took me five minutes and feels like a new button! Give thanks to those who come up with these solutions and post them!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I had the power button fail on mine. It still worked, but it no longer pressed in and out.. I brought it to the Sprint store and they replaced it with a refurb. The refurb had audio problems a month later, which was replaced with another refurb which has been ok so far.

Bottom line for me is that I would rather have my funky power button pre back. Now I'm in going to go through a cycle of refurbs.. which don't seem to be that well refurbed.

Anyway, still absolutely love the Webos platform.. It's really great, I don't get why it isn't more popular (even with some of the h/w problems).
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trebores View Post
    I had the power button fail on mine. It still worked, but it no longer pressed in and out.. I brought it to the Sprint store and they replaced it with a refurb. The refurb had audio problems a month later, which was replaced with another refurb which has been ok so far.

Bottom line for me is that I would rather have my funky power button pre back. Now I'm in going to go through a cycle of refurbs.. which don't seem to be that well refurbed.

Anyway, still absolutely love the Webos platform.. It's really great, I don't get why it isn't more popular (even with some of the h/w problems).
    That's exactly why I have stuck it out with my intermittently working power button. The phone works and I haven't had any problems with it shutting off on its own or audio issues or any of the other problems besides having a bit of wobble. I don't want to trade in this phone only to get a phone with worse problems.
    1st Pre power button failed after 6+ months. Used slider to turn on for some time, fearing a refurb would be even worse. Had to bite the bullet when it presented other known issues. I figured the evil you know (power button failure) is better than the evil you don't. That was 4 Pre's ago. Btw, my phones are handled w/ care, and I've only returned 1 other phone (my 1st Treo).
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Great thread - I'm going to try the eraser fix. Add my release day Pre to the list of springless power button
    Launch week Pre here, all of the buttons work fine along with everything else on my phone.
    My launch day Sprint Pre is fine except for small USB crack. Power button works fine and if it fails you can always get the power button patch. So far so good, I just used my yearly upgrade to get my wife an Evo so I hope I can make it one more year with it. The hardest part will be waiting once a new Palm phone is on Sprint.
    11 month old pre, power button is still tight and clicky, like new......
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast